Faculty Graduation Information
On Thursday, March 19, Clemson University, in alignment with the guidance from Governor McMaster, updated University operation plans through May 8, 2020.
- All Clemson events, activities and gatherings are suspended at least through May 8.
- The University has postponed May commencement ceremonies (includes Doctoral Hooding & Graduation).
- Degrees WILL BE conferred upon all those who meet graduation requirements.
- The University is currently exploring alternatives to celebrate our newest graduates at a later date.
- As soon as these plans are confirmed, details will be communicated.
- We will continue to update the community regularly on our response to the pandemic through e-mail, social media and our comprehensive COVID update web site.
Will PhD students have a special hooding ceremony?
Yes. PhD students have a Doctoral Hooding Ceremony at the Brooks Center for the Performing Arts.
Will there be reserved parking for attending faculty?
No. There will not be reserved parking for faculty.
Where do faculty report to participate in the graduation ceremony?
The faculties of colleges attending graduation will enter the VIP/Coliseum Club entrance which is the lower glass door on the corner closest to the football stadium. These individuals are asked to arrive with academic regalia 45 minutes before the start of the applicable ceremony (see ceremony schedule above). Once in the Coliseum Club, faculty will be divided into two lines to process to their seats. If colleges wish to be arranged based on seniority, this task will be left to the members of that college.
What is the order of march for the processional?
The order is faculty, students, university marshal, and stage party.
Will faculty members be needed to carry the college banner and baton to the stage?
No, the college banners and batons will be placed on the stage prior to the ceremony.
Will there be a recessional for the faculty?
No. Faculty will remain at their seats until after the stage party recesses and the Registrar dismisses the graduates. The graduates, guests and faculty will then disperse at the same time.
Will an ambulance be on site during the ceremony?
Yes. An ambulance will be on site and EMS personnel will be on duty at the First Aid Station in the Burton Gallery.