Spring 2022 graduation ceremonies will take place May 12 and 13, 2022. The Doctoral Hooding ceremony will take place at 5:00pm on Thursday, May 12 at the Brooks Center on Clemson's main campus. Graduation ceremonies for Master and Bachelor candidates are scheduled for May 12 and 13 in Clemson's Littlejohn Coliseum, 219 Perimeter Road. Tickets will not be issued for guests attending the ceremonies. However, it is recommended that each graduate limits guests to a maximum of six. The ceremonies may be viewed via live stream on Clemson TV.
All diplomas will be mailed regardless of ceremony attendance.
|Thursday, May 12|
|9:00 a.m. Undergraduate Ceremony
|1:00 p.m. Masters Ceremony
|5:00 p.m. Doctoral Hooding
|Friday, May 13|
|9:00 a.m. Undergraduate Ceremony
|1:00 p.m. Undergraduate Ceremony
|5:00 p.m. Undergraduate Ceremony
ADA Parking will be available on the north side of Littlejohn Coliseum along Ravenel Rd. and the north circle parking lot. Staff will be available inside the north entrance with wheelchairs to assist guests to ADA seating. Staff will return to the guest with a wheelchair at the end of the ceremony to assist the guest with exiting the coliseum.
Clear Bag Policy will be in effect for all graduates and guests. All bags entering Littlejohn Coliseum must be clear plastic or vinyl and not exceed the dimensions of 12” x 6” x 12”. One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags are also accepted. Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand (no larger than 4.5” x 6.5”) will be permitted. An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection. Patrons will still be able to carry other items into the coliseum, such as cameras and smart phones, but their carrying cases will NOT be allowed.
Additional Candidate Information
Graduation Regalia should be worn to the ceremony. For any questions regarding your cap/gown or other regalia, please contact the Clemson University Bookstore.
Doors for graduates will open one hour and a half prior to the start of each ceremony. Graduates will enter via the Loading Dock doors, which is located on the south side of the arena closest to the Avenue of Champions and Perimeter Road.
Once inside the arena, graduates will be directed to the tunnel, where they will check-in with the Registrar’s Office staff to receive their name card. Graduates will then continue to the arena floor. Student marshals will be on the floor to direct graduates to their seats. If there is a sticker in the top, right corner of your name card, then please go to the back of the arena behind the graduates’ chairs to see the Name Reader to ensure that they have the correct pronunciation of your name. If you believe that your name may need to be checked, please plan to arrive when doors open. All graduates need to be seated 20 minutes prior to the start of their ceremony.
Additional Guest Information
Tickets will not be issued for guests attending the May 2022 graduation ceremonies. However, it is recommended that each graduate limits guests to a maximum of six.
Doors will open an hour and a half before ceremonies for guest arrival. All guests will enter through any of the main gates along the concourse. Seating is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Parties are encouraged to arrive together as holding vacant seats is discouraged.
Staffed wheelchairs will be available to take individuals to a seat and then return to retrieve these guests at the end of the ceremony. Wheelchairs are not available for individual use and will not remain with guests during the ceremony.
Faculty Participation and Reception Information
- If you plan to attend graduation as participating faculty in the procession, please contact your department/college. This will help us plan accordingly for reserving faculty seating in the Coliseum and ordering food for the reception(s)
- Please note that all participating faculty must have a robe and regalia with them to participate in the procession
- Faculty must enter at Littlejohn Coliseum Club VIP Entrance
- Magnetometers will be inside VIP doors
- The facility does not allow outside food or drink to be brought into the coliseum and will be enforced at all gates
- Clear Bag Policy: The Clear Bag Policy will be in effect at Graduation at ALL doors, including the Club VIP entrance
- Follow signs down hall to Coliseum Club for the faculty reception
- Faculty procession: 15 minutes prior to start of ceremony, faculty are lined up in 2 even lines and wait for cue from floor. The faculty processional opens the ceremony
- Two Marshals (one for each line) process faculty down either side of center section of Coliseum Club faculty reserved seating from bottom rows up
- There will no reserved parking for faculty
For information on Clemson University’s COVID-19 resources and updates, please visit: www.clemson.edu/covid-19/