Enrollment verifications may be requested for a specific term, or for a total enrollment history. Clemson University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to act as our agent for providing enrollment verifications for insurance purposes, student loans, future employment, military IDs, etc. This service is available 24/7 to current students and alumni of Clemson University. This verification provides enrollment status only. It does not provide information on specific courses taken or grades received: courses and grades are only on your official transcript.
- Go to: iROAR 〉 Student Records
- Select the Enrollment Verification tab
- Select from the following options:
- Print a certificate enrollment to be forwarded to a third party
- View your enrollment information on file with National Student Clearinghouse
- View your loan deferment information that the Clearinghouse has provided to loan providers
- View information provided by the Clearinghouse to third parties on the student's behalf
- View detailed information about your loans
Former Clemson students that have not been enrolled for a year or more.
- Go to: Student Clearinghouse
- Select the Order-Track-Verify option
- Select the Verify Degrees, Enrollment & Certifications option
- For a verification click the VERIFY NOW button
- Follow the instructions on the page to complete the request for a verification form
Clemson University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to act as our agent for all verifications of student enrollment and awarded degrees. Third parties must use the Clearinghouse. Please visit Student Clearinghouse
or contact them by phone at 703-742-4200.
Enrollment Status for Loan Deferment
Minimum Credit Hour Requirements
|Status and Term
|Full time fall or spring
|Half time fall or spring
|Full time summer
(all sessions combined)
|Half time summer
(all sessions combined)
Students who hold student loans are in deferred status on repayment as long as they remain enrolled at least half-time. For students holding Federal student loans, enrollment status is automatically verified each term through the National Student Clearinghouse. Although students receive deferment forms in the mail, they do not have to bring them to us or take any action because Clemson University is a member of the Student Loan Clearinghouse and the enrollment verification is an automatic process that occurs each term.
Students whose parents hold PLUS loans, or other loans on behalf of the student, must bring those forms to the Registrar's Office for completion since enrollment is not automatically verified through the Clearinghouse. These loans refer to the parents, not the students, so the Clearinghouse is not an option.
Questions about verifications should be directed to the Registrar Office or 864-656-2171.
Clemson University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse
to provide degree verifications.
National Student Clearinghouse
13454 Sunrise Valley Drive, Suite 300
Herndon, VA 20171
Questions can be emailed to Clearinghouse Degree Verification.