Transferring Credits to Clemson

Tillman Hall
Tillman Hall, Clemson University
Tillman Hall
Tillman, Clemson University

Transferring Credits from Other Schools

Clemson students that plan to take classes at another school, either domestic or abroad, should get approval in advance for each subject to be taken. Please note that it is Clemson's policy that transcripts from other schools must be received before credit earned can be awarded. Other policies concerning credits taken at other institutions are included with the request form:

Exemption Credit or Waiver from Other Schools

Transfer students with exemption credit or a course waiver recorded on the official transcript from another school can request that Clemson grant the credit or course waiver. The student should confer with the major advisor or department chair about the transferability of the course. Evaluated courses approved for transfer are listed on the Transfer Credit Equivalency List (TCEL).

Course Substitution

The Course Substitution form is a request for changes to the curriculum requirements for a student. Approval is not guaranteed nor does approval for one student imply that the same request will be approved for other students.

New Student Credits

Clemson offers several different ways students can earn college credit before arriving on campus — including IB and AP credits. Evaluating credits for new students is processed through Admissions, 864-656-2287.
Download Adobe Reader