The Post-9/11 GI Bill® is for individuals with at least 90 days of aggregate service on or after September 11, 2001. Or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. This program will pay eligible individuals:
- Tuition and fees paid directly to the school not to exceed the maximum in-state tuition and mandatory fees for Clemson University
- Monthly housing allowance for new students is based on the Basic Housing for an E-5 with dependents at the location of the school; $1,451
- Annual books & supplies stipend of up to $1,000 paid at $41.67 per credit hour
- One-time rural benefit payment for eligible individuals
- The Yellow Ribbon Program is available each year to 50 out of state undergraduate students that are entitled to receive 100% of Chapter 33 benefits, as determined by the VA. As required by the Department of Veterans Affairs, the program is offered to students on a 'first come, first serve' basis. During the registration period for the summer and fall semester, the Application for Yellow Ribbon Participation is available online. Students can apply for Yellow Ribbon benefits during their orientation session. To apply for these benefits at Clemson University, submit the Yellow Ribbon Application. Students approved for the Yellow Ribbon Program will be notified by email.
This benefit provides up to 36 months of education benefits, generally benefits are payable for 15 years following your release from active duty. The portion or percentage of the program maximum amounts to be received is determined by the length of the aggregate service and/or disability status.