- Cardholder (or cardholder designee) makes purchase using their procurement card within the guidelines of the University p-card policy
- Cardholder or purchaser must approve the charge verifying the purchase meets University guidelines. Cardholder must either sign each receipt or at month end sign the Bank of America (BOA) Visa statement
- Following a purchase, the cardholder will upload the receipt into the WORKS system within 10 days of purchase. Please see our Documents & Forms section for upload instructions.
- Cardholder ensures transaction submission contains:
- Receipt/documentation for the purchase
- A brief business justification
- Chartfield (23 digits) to charge the expense
- Cardholder will reconcile the monthly BOA statement and return to FSS. Original receipts should be attached to the statement.
FSS Staff (Liaison) Responsibilities:
- Collect BOA Visa billing statements from cardholders and retain all documentation
- Verify receipts are uploaded by cardholders into WORKS within 10 days of purchase
- Review each charge to ensure compliance with University policy
- Enter and/or update the chartfield string within 20 days of posting in WORKS
- Identifying transaction(s) which require the submission of use tax to the South Carolina Department of Revenue.
Acceptable Documentation Includes:
- Order form
- email confirmation
Documentation Should Identify:
- Purchase Date
- Total purchase price; purchase amount, including taxes and shipping amounts
- Itemized Purchase Description
Please see the link below for more information from Procurement’s website:
Process Flow full text
The process flow image for PCard reconciliation shows the order of each step in the process and describes who is responsible for each task. The following text explains the details of the graphic in an step by step process.
- Step 1: Receipts are uploaded into WORKS by the cardholder as purchases are made
- Step 2: Shared Services reviews and reconciles purchases in WORKS to ensure compliance with policies
- Step 3: The cardholder provides feedback to FSS if needed (steps 2 and 3 may be repeated until reconciled)
- Step 4: Cardholder signs the BOA Statement then sends to FSS along with the original receipts attached
- Step 5: Shared Services reconciles BOA statement
- Step 6: Shared Services files the BOA statement and documentation