When Graduation Candidates Arrive at Littlejohn
- Candidates should enter Littlejohn Coliseum at the VIP Club Level Entrance from the Avenue of Champions. Littlejohn Coliseum enforces a Clear Bag Policy — backpacks and large bags are not permitted. Umbrellas will be permitted during inclement weather.
- Candidates wear the traditional bachelor and master black gown to the ceremony and should be dressed prior to arriving. Tassels are worn on the right side of the cap and then moved to the left after degrees have been awarded.
- Pick up your line-of-march card. Don't lose it! You will give this to the reader at the podium in order to call your name and receive your diploma.
Candidates participating in the graduation ceremony must attend the ceremony designated for their major college—verify your college. No exceptions can be made. Ceremonies last approximately 2 hours — See Ceremony Schedules.
9:30 Ceremonies — Students should pick up their line-of-march card between 7:30 a.m. — 8:15 a.m. Staff will be available beginning at 8:30 a.m. to assist you in lining up for the processional.
2:30 Ceremonies — Students should pick up their line-of-march card between 12:30 a.m. — 1:15 p.m. Staff will be available beginning at 1:30 p.m. to assist you in lining up for the processional.
Please plan to remain in the graduate staging area once you have picked up your line-of-march card.
- Find your place in line, according to the number on your line-of-march card, and form single file lines as the Order-of-March must be checked for absentees before moving onto the coliseum floor.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed in the coliseum—possession of any kind will result in your being asked to leave and to pick up your diploma after the ceremony.
- After crossing the stage, return to your seat until you are dismissed after the singing of the Alma Mater—printed in the back of your Graduation Program.
Where the Blue Ridge yawns its greatness,
Where the Tigers play,
Here the sons of dear old Clemson
Reign supreme alway.
Dear old Clemson we will triumph,
And with all our might,
That the Tiger's roar may echo
O'er the mountain height.
- PhD students participating in the Doctoral Hooding Ceremony please see the Graduate School for detailed information.