Office of Research Compliance
The Office of Research Compliance (ORC) promotes a culture of compliance, research integrity, and high quality research within the University community. This is accomplished through consultation and educational programs for all researchers. The ORC facilitates University research, teaching, and public service programs by providing oversight and coordination of research compliance areas involving human subjects, vertebrate animals, recombinant DNA, hazardous agents and research misconduct.
Welcome to the Office of Research Compliance! We are here to assist you with adhering to federal and state regulatory requirements and University policy for research with human subjects, animal subjects and recombinant DNA/hazardous biological agents and nanomaterials. We can help coordinate with the Research Safety Office, Sponsored Programs, Contracts, and other supporting offices in Research and beyond.
Since we are not located on the main campus, we can accommodate in person or virtual meetings if you have something to ask or need a consultation. For general questions or if you aren’t sure whom to ask, please contact us .
Welcome back, everyone
- IACUC InfoEd update: Well, software being software, we are still in the middle of user testing and the “go live” date is now the end of September. As we get closer, we will begin to offer some training and other resources to introduce you to the system. Continue to watch this space for more updates. If you have questions or would like to help “test” the system, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The IRB and IBC submissions are now fully on InfoEd. Please visit our InfoEd pages in the upper left menu to learn about the system, sign up for a Zoom training, access FAQs and training resources, and log into InfoEd.
- RCR Workshops will continue to be virtual in the 2021 Fall semester. We’ll announce the series on this site at the beginning of the semester. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com . We've also updated our RCR Training pages to highlight other opportunities on campus for more in-depth training and/or obtain credits here . Please share any RCR-related courses, workshops, lectures, etc. with us and we will be happy to post on our site and notify our RCR network.
- A reminder that most COVID-related research requires consideration of the Institutional Biosafety Committee . For more information, please contact Hope Smith-Sielicki with the Office of Research Compliance at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Having a hard time finding what you are looking for? The Office of Research Compliance is interested in making our website easier to access, especially for new visitors trying to find forms or other information. If you would like to give us feedback on what is or isn’t working, please contact us .