Welcome to Summer Scholars
COVID-19 Update (4/27/2020)
We received an email this morning from the University concerning camps. We are heartbroken to let you know that all in-person camps have been cancelled at Clemson University including Summer Scholars. Please see an excerpt from that email:
"Clemson University officials continue to closely monitor COVID-19 and are actively engaged in daily planning in an effort to inform and reduce the risk to faculty, staff, students and visitors from the virus.
At this time, University officials are announcing the cancellation of all in-person, main-campus athletic and academic camps and educational programs scheduled to be held this summer.
We recognize summer experiences have positive impacts both on those participating and the entire Clemson community, but by taking these proactive steps now, we believe we’re putting our University in the strongest position possible to support our students and our University’s long-term success."
Summer Scholars is working as quickly as we can to update our website and the registration system with new online course information. Please be patient with us. Thank you for understanding.
- Take an Online Course-$550 (courses will be limited as only certain courses will convert)
- Cancel Course-email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Refund-Updated Refund Policy: you will receive a full refund including deposit minus a $25 administrative fee.
- Rollover over tuition for 2021-If you pay in full the $950 tuition by August 1st, 2020 and do not attend this summer due to COVID-19, 100% of your tuition can be rolled over to summer 2021. This will lock-in 2020 tuition costs for the 2021 summer programming. This will also provide you with access to summer 2021 registration before the general public to register for courses.
COVID-19 Update (April 24, 2020)
Right now, we’re all doing a very new and unusual hard thing. The current COVID-19 situation is fluid, changing daily...sometimes even hourly. It’s testing our adaptability and our patience, and I imagine it’s testing yours as well. This summer may not look like all the summers that have come before or any of the summers that will come after. What we do know is that camp plays a vital role in the lives of scholars, their families, and alumni –at this time we are taking steps to determine how we can best serve our community this summer.
On April 8, 2020, Clemson University announced the transition of all undergraduate and graduate summer academic courses to online instruction through Aug. 7, the completion of the summer term. Clemson University Housing and Dining Department provided us with an update that housing would not be available until June because of logistics in moving spring semester students out of the residential halls.
What this means for Summer Scholars
Sessions 1-4 and Special Session will not be able to meet as originally scheduled. Our first in person session will be Session 5 which begins July 5, 2020.What are we doing?
- We will be combining courses and/or moving them to sessions later in the summer and withdrawing some courses altogether. If your course is withdrawn, then we will recommend other courses that may be of interest.
- We will be offering Online Course Options when available. Please look for course specific emails about this plan over the next week. This will include a tuition reduction from $950 to $550. We refund $400 if you select this option.
- We will be proposing other types of programming during the school year in a new configuration: Self-paced, project-based, 2-4 weeks structured, Saturdays or during school breaks
- We will email every family to make sure they have the information they need to make decisions about participating in Summer Scholars.
- We will make the registration changes internally. You will not need to go into your registration to make any updates.
- We have added an alternative to our payment/cancellation policy.
Full Tuition Rollover
If you pay in full the $950 tuition by August 1st, 2020 and do not attend this summer, 100% of your tuition can be rolled over to summer 2021. This will lock-in 2020 tuition costs for the 2021 summer programming. This will also provide you with access to summer 2021 registration before the general public to register for courses.What can you do?
- Switch to a different session-look at Sessions 5-8 dates, will one work for your family?
- Switch to a different course-look at other course descriptions, will another course work for you?
- Choose an online course-a list will be posted on our website
- Ask for a refund-email and let us know
- Choose the Full Tuition Rollover Option-email and let us know
We are working as fast as we can to update our website, registration system, make decisions about online courses and adjust the courses already in place. We will send out emails to all of our families. Please be patient with us as we navigate through this process. It will take time to move registrations from one course to another course.
We are so fortunate to work with so many talented scholars and supportive parents. While our ultimate goal is to run our in-person, residential summer program for as many sessions and courses as possible, we understand that this may not be possible. This news may be disappointing to hear, but know you and your family's health, welfare, and safety are paramount. Please email with any questions you might have. We are here to serve you during this time.
Thank you for your unwavering support during this unprecedented time.
Policy Updates (March 23, 2020)
In order to help you register with confidence, we have updated our registration guidelines as follows:
- If you have already registered and wish to exercise caution, contact us about moving to a course later in the summer. If there are openings in the course, we would be happy to help you make a change with no fees attached. Check out all of our courses Here.
- Understanding you may be waiting to make your summer camp reservation, we are extending bird discount to last throughout the registration process with no end date.
- If Clemson University Summer Scholars makes the decision to cancel a program, you will receive a full refund (including deposit) minus a $25 administrative fee.
Please know that Clemson University is committed to the well-being of each scholar, counselor and faculty/staff. We are in regular communication with the University in regards to COVID-19. Please see the latest information from Clemson University is Here.
Discover Clemson University
Join us for an exciting week filled with learning, friendship, and the Clemson experience. Educational, recreational, and cultural activities allow participants to experience some of the amazing opportunities Clemson University has to offer. Students will engage in hands-on, immersive courses in their field of choice taught by Clemson instructors during the day. Afternoons include free time which can be spent exploring campus, attending a campus tour, or meeting a representative from Admissions or Calhoun Honors College. Evenings feature many of the recreational activities Clemson students enjoy, including bowling at The Underground, swimming at Fike Recreation Center, and a cookout on the beach at beautiful Lake Hartwell. Participants stay in a residence hall and eat meals in a dining hall throughout the week to complete their on-campus experience. Current Clemson students serve as counselors to guide, mentor, and answer questions about life as a Tiger.