Clemson University Statement on Freedom of Speech
On February 3, 2023, the Clemson University Board of Trustees unanimously adopted the below statement on the University’s commitment to free speech.
- Clemson University is committed to free speech, expression, and inquiry; and
- As a public university of the State of South Carolina, Clemson University is subject to the First Amendment of the United States Constitution and Article I, Section 2 of the Constitution of the State of South Carolina.
Therefore, be it resolved that:
- The policies and procedures of the University shall be interpreted and implemented in a manner consistent with the First Amendment of the United States Constitution and Article I, Section 2 of the Constitution of the State of South Carolina; and
- Clemson University adopts the core principles articulated in the "Report of the Committee on Freedom of Expression" at the University of Chicago.
- Award for Excellence
- Clemson Medallion
- Values Statement
- Freedom of Speech Statement
- Woodland Cemetery
- Contact Us
- University President
- University Provost
- Board of Trustees
- Board of Visitors
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Faculty Senate
- Staff Senate