Main Content


Clemson University thanks you for your service and is grateful you are considering making Clemson your home for the next few years. Clemson has a long, proud military heritage and your academic pursuit with us enhances our community. You will find our staff and faculty sensitive to your needs and supportive of your success. There is a newly renovated Clemson Student Veteran Center on campus staffed by student veterans available to answer your questions and advise you of the resources Clemson provides. Please visit the Clemson Military and Veteran Engagement webpage for more information.

We encourage you to self-identify as a veteran on all Clemson Admissions documents so we may better serve your needs as a student veteran.

We also encourage veterans to apply to Clemson through The Coalition application as all application fees are waived for veterans.

First-Year Students
Prospective first-year students should follow the application instructions and requirements listed on the First-Year Admission page.

Transfer Students
Transfer applications are reviewed on a rolling basis as they become complete, and admission is closed when all classroom space has been committed.

Veterans who have completed courses at another institution or while in service can improve their chances for admission to Clemson by:

  • Completing 18 transferable credit hours of college study (after high school graduation).
  • Earning a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
  • Completing freshmen-level courses in English, science and mathematics for your intended major at Clemson.
  • Remaining in good standing and eligible to return to the institution last attended.

To learn more about transferring credit to Clemson, please visit Transfer Course Equivalency List to input your course information. If your course does not appear in the list, then it will be evaluated by Admissions upon receipt of your application.

Clemson University does not automatically accept ACE or Military Training Credit, but there are ways to request an evaluation of these courses for potential transfer credit after enrollment. Discuss your options with your academic advisor and Enrolled Student Services.

Students who were stationed or deployed outside the United States may be able to fulfill the General Education Cross-cultural Awareness course requirement through the IS 1010 course. Consult with your academic advisor and/or the Office of Global Engagement about this option.

More information about transfer application deadlines, requirements, and processes can be found on the How to Apply (Undergraduate) page.