Non-Emergency Requests

To better serve you, Fire & Emergency Medical Services has created a tool to access non-emergency services online.

Hot Work Notification

A notification is required for services such as cutting, welding, soldering, or other such work performed at Clemson University. Apply online to submit a "Hot Work" notification to the Fire Marshall's Office. Download the printable form and submit in person at Fire Department.

Residential Yard Debris Burning

State law requires that you notify the Forestry Commission prior to burning outdoors. In most cases, the law applies to burning leaves, limbs and branches that you clean up from your yard.

If you live in the City of Clemson, It shall be unlawful for any person to start, or cause to be started a fire to burn leaves or any other substance. This does not prohibit supervised cooking fires, built-in fireplaces, grills, or barbecue pits that are in compliance with proper construction, distance, environmental and fire safety requirements (City Code, Section 8-9: Fire Prevention and Protection).

Special Event

To request Special Event management, Medical Standby and/or obtain approval of the University Fire Marshal for venue arrangement (candles, bon fires at the Clemson Campus Beach, any open flame or fireworks displays). Permits must be issued by CUFD for all special events held on the Clemson University campus. Please download the request form and submit it to the University Fire Department at