Please Help Support the Bob Campbell Geology Museum
- As the region’s only museum dedicated to the study of the Earth, we participate in research throughout the state to expand our knowledge of South Carolina’s geological and paleontological past.
- We connect children with the natural world—building excitement and joy for science and stewardship of the environment.
- Expanded Education Programs: We want to meet the increasing interest in our community to learn about geology and Earth History.
- Financial Security: We are trying to reduce our dependency on state funds and gain more financial independence.
- Future Growth: We are working to enhance our exhibits, grow our collections and increase our staff.
There are a variety of ways to get involved, learn about geology and paleontology, and support the Bob Campbell Geology Museum. We depend on our volunteers, and visitors, who generously donate their valuable time, talent, and funds to further our mission of geoscience education and research. To keep the Museum open year-round with no admission fees, we need the support of the community, fellow geologists and paleontologists, local businesses, teachers, donors and anyone who wants to help people connect with nature and culture. Thank you in advance for your interest in helping to support the museum! See below for more specifics about how you can get involved.
Clemson University’s Bob Campbell Museum is growing! Help us reach our goals by contributing to one of the following projects:
1. The BCGM would like to expand our exhibits to include displays of species of dinosaurs native to eastern North America: Estimated cost: $100,000
2. Plans to add an interactive outdoor fossil dig would be greatly facilitated by donations: Estimated cost $10,000
2. The BCGM needs your help to support our Summer Fossil Digs in North Dakota. Please contribute and help Clemson University students gain valuable field experience while also supplying new specimens for display in the museum: Estimated cost $5,000 (annually).
All donations to the BCGM are 100% tax deductible!
To give, please visit https://iamatiger.clemson.edu/giving/scbg and choose "Friends of the Bob Campbell Geology Museum" from the drop-down menu or contact Curator, Dr. Adam Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (864) 656-4600.
Every dollar helps! THANK YOU!
Other ways to Contribute
Become a Museum Volunteer
We are actively seeking volunteers to assist with a variety of research and outreach activities. We are developing a vertebrate fossil preparation lab and we will need dedicated volunteers to devote their time to helping us create new displays for the museum as we grow. Whatever, your talents, skills, or interests, we can find a way for you to get involved.
To find out more about volunteering at the museum inquire with the Curator, Dr. Adam Smith, at email@example.com or (864) 656-4600.
Make a Donation
The Bob Campbell Geology Museum fosters a greater awareness, understanding and appreciation of the complex and dynamic nature of geology. With your support, the Museum can continue to enhance exhibits and collections, and offer quality educational programming throughout the year. We frequently accept one time, tax deductible donations or memorial gifts.
Donations made to the Geology Museum support general operations and are used where they are most in need. Any size gift is appreciated.
To give online, visit Clemson's online giving page for the South Carolina Botanical Garden and look for the museum in the drop-down menu. You can then designate your gift to the Bob Campbell Geology Museum and, if you'd like, make the gift in honor of someone.
To give by mail, please send a check (made out to the "CU Foundation"), along with a letter indicating that you would like to support the Bob Campbell Geology Museum. Mailing Address: Bob Campbell Geology Museum, 140 Discovery Lane, Clemson, SC 29634-0174.
If you are employed by Clemson University, you can give pre-tax from your pay check. Enroll for payroll deduction by completing the payroll deduction form (https://clemson.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0cefYOu6JuZR3lb). To become a GeMS member, 12-month employees can donate at least $1.50/check, and 9-month employees can donate $2.20/check.
Most gifts are eligible for a tax deduction. The Clemson University Foundation will send acknowledgment letters and tax forms following any donation to the Museum.
To find out more about making a gift to the museum inquire with the Curator, Dr. Adam Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (864) 656-4600.