Please Help Support the Bob Campbell Geology Museum
There are a variety of ways to get involved, learn about geology and paleontology, and support the Bob Campbell Geology Museum. We depend on our volunteers, visitors, and museum members who generously donate their valuable time, talent, and funds to further our mission of geoscience education and research. To keep the Museum open year-round with no admission fees, we need the support of the community, fellow geologists and paleontologists, local businesses, teachers, donors and anyone who wants to help people connect with nature and culture. Thank you in advance for your interest in helping to support the museum! See below for more specifics about how you can get involved.
Clemson University’s Bob Campbell Museum is growing! Help us reach our goals by contributing to one of the following projects:
1. The BCGM would like to expand our exhibits to include species of dinosaurs native to eastern North America: Estimated cost: $100,000.00
2. Plans to add an interactive outdoor fossil dig would be greatly facilitated by donations: Estimated cost $10,000.00
2. The BCGM needs your help to support our Summer Fossil Digs in North Dakota. Please contribute and help Clemson University students gain valuable field experience while also supplying new specimens for display in the museum: Estimated cost $5,000.00 (annually).
All donations to the BCGM are 100% tax deductible!
To give, please visit https://iamatiger.clemson.edu/giving/scbg and choose "GEMS: Geology Museum" from the drop-down menu.
Every dollar helps! THANK YOU!
Support the Museum by Becoming a Member
The Bob Campbell Geology Museum relies heavily on our GeMS (Geology Museum Supporters) memberships for a portion of our operating budget. Your support helps us sustain and grow our collections, research, and educational programs. With your support, we can continue to provide quality programs throughout the year and to enhance the lives of people in the community. Join today!
Three Reasons to Love the Museum
- We connect children with the natural world—building excitement and joy for science and stewardship of the environment.
- We offer enriching programs for adults and children, such as geology hikes, museum tours, fossil hunts and wildlife education.
- As the region’s only museum dedicated to the study of the Earth, we participate in research throughout the state to expand our knowledge of South Carolina’s geological past.
Three Reasons We Need Your Support
- Expand education programs: We want to meet the increasing interest from adults and children to learn about geology and nature.
- Future growth: We are working to enhance our exhibits, grow our collections and increase our staff.
- Financial Security: We are trying to reduce our dependency on state funds and gain more financial independence.
Benefits of GeMS Membership
Membership dues for the BCGM are 100% tax deductible and as part of your membership you’ll also receive many great benefits, including:
- A 10% discount in the museum gift shop
- Admission to all other Southeastern Museums Conference museums (~150 institutions!)
- A Bob Campbell Geology Museum bumper sticker
- The Garden's Gate newsletter, mailed every season
- Discounts on education programs
- At the Sapphire level and above, you’ll become a joint member of the South Carolina Botanical Garden, and enjoy early admission to the SC Botanical Garden's Preview Plant Sales, a 15% discount at the museum gift shop (instead of 10%), invitation to attend special exhibit opening events (light hors d’oeuvres, wine & beer on night before general public opening), and a 10% discount at the SC Botanical Garden gift shop.
Amethyst (individual): $50/year; individual membership card good for 10% discount at museum gift shop; free (reciprocal) admission to all other SEMC museums (~150 institutions); a BCGM bumper sticker
Ruby (family; limit 6 persons including primary member): $75/year; includes all benefits listed above for your whole family (reciprocal family admission to other SEMC museums varies among member institutions)
Sapphire (individual): $100/year; includes all benefits listed above plus: a 15% discount at the museum gift shop (instead of 10%), invitation to attend special exhibit opening events (light hors d’oeuvres, wine & beer on night before general public opening); and dual membership with the South Carolina Botanical Garden (which includes early admission to the bi-annual plant sales and a 10% discount at the SC Botanical Garden gift shop).
Emerald (family; limit 6 persons including primary member): $250/year; includes all benefits of a Sapphire membership for your entire family
Diamond (individual or family; limit 6 persons including primary member): $500/year; includes all benefits of a Sapphire/Emerald Membership, plus a behind the scenes guided family tour of museum by the curator and a mineral or fossil specimen (your choice) purchased and displayed in the Benson Gallery with your name (or family name) as contributor to acknowledge your donation
Gold Patron (individual or family): one time gift of $2500.00 or more: includes all benefits of a Diamond Membership, plus a lifetime membership card with 20% discount at the museum gift shop, and your name will be added to our plaque of lifetime museum members displayed in the Benson Gallery
To join by mail, send a check (made to the CU Foundation) or send credit card information to GeMS Membership, Bob Campbell Geology Museum, 140 Discovery Lane, Clemson, SC 29634-0130.
To join by phone, call 864-656-4600 and pay by credit card.
You can also join at the museum next time you visit and pay by cash, credit or check.
Other ways to Contribute
Become a Museum Volunteer
We are actively seeking volunteers to assist with a variety of research and outreach activities. We are developing a vertebrate fossil preparation lab and we will need dedicated volunteers to devote their time to helping us create new displays for the museum as we grow. Whatever, your talents, skills, or interests, we can find a way for you to get involved.
To find out more about volunteering at the museum inquire with the Curator, Dr. Adam Smith, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (864) 656-4600.
Make a Donation
The Bob Campbell Geology Museum fosters a greater awareness, understanding and appreciation of the complex and dynamic nature of geology. With your support, the Museum can continue to enhance exhibits and collections, and offer quality educational programming throughout the year. We frequently accept one time, tax deductible donations or memorial gifts.
Donations made to the Geology Museum support general operations and are used where they are most in need. Any size gift is appreciated. Donors who give $50 or more become GeMS members, and enjoy a variety of membership benefits.
To give online, visit Clemson's online giving page for the South Carolina Botanical Garden and look for the museum in the drop-down menu. You can then designate your gift to the Bob Campbell Geology Museum and, if you'd like, make the gift in honor of someone.
To give by mail, please send a check (made to the CU Foundation), along with a letter indicating that you would like to support the Bob Campbell Geology Museum. Mailing Address: Bob Campbell Geology Museum, 140 Discovery Lane, Clemson, SC 29634-0174.
If you are employed by Clemson University, you can give pre-tax from your pay check. Enroll for payroll deduction by completing the payroll deduction form (https://clemson.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0cefYOu6JuZR3lb). To become a GeMS member, 12-month employees can donate at least $1.50/check, and 9-month employees can donate $2.20/check.
Most gifts are eligible for a tax deduction. The Clemson University Foundation will send acknowledgment letters and tax forms following any donation to the Museum.
To find out more about making a gift to the museum inquire with the Curator, Dr. Adam Smith, at email@example.com or (864) 656-4600.