The Federal Imported Fire Ant (IFA) Quarantine was passed in 1958 in an effort slow or prevent the artificial spread of imported fire ants. The state of South Carolina is entirely within the federal fire ant quarantine zone.
- Both State and Federal Laws regulate the movement of articles that have the potential to spread IFA.
- Fire Ants are easily transported in soil, nursery stock, hay, sod, soil-moving equipment, and other products.
- A Nursery Certificate Tag, Certificate of Quarantine Compliance or State Phytosanitary Certificate is required to move regulated articles out of the quarantine zone.
- An inspection and a signed compliance agreement are necessary to receive any shipping documents for the movement of regulated articles.
- Plant Protection
- Apiary Inspection Program
- Invasive Species
- Nursery and Dealer Licensing Program
- Plant Pest Regulations
Imported Fire Ant Program Coordinator