Visiting Transient Student

COVID-19 Update

Clemson University is operating under modified conditions. Weekly testing may be required for students who are attending on-campus courses. For more information, please visit our Covid 19 webpage.

Undergraduate Visiting Transient

Undergraduate students in good standing at Regionally Accredited Institutions in the United States who wish to enroll in summer classes at Clemson University can apply as transient students. Please Note: Registration for transient students will not be available until April 21 @ 8:00am.

Application Deadlines
Part of Term Date
Summer May 9, 2023
First Summer May 9, 2023
Second Summer June 21, 2023
Summer Mini A May 9, 2023
Summer Mini B May 30, 2023
Summer Mini C June 21, 2023
Summer Mini D June 21, 2023

Applying as a Summer Visiting Transient Student:

  1. Search Class Listing for available summer courses.
  2. Please review the Academic Calendar for last date to add courses for each session and other important dates.
  3. View the cost per credit hour at Student Financial Services, Summer Tuition and Fees.
  4. The Transient Student Application for Summer 2023 closed June 21
  5. Review and submit required documents through your application portal.
  6. Check the status of your application in the application portal.
  7. Register for classes by signing into iROAR > Student > Registration > Add or Drop Classes (available April 21 @ 8:00am)
  8. Pay your bill. Bills are not available until AFTER you have registered for classes.
    • Bills are paid in iROAR > Student Financial Services > My Bill.
      • Payment Options
        1. e-check at no additional charge
        2. Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express—there is a non-refundable convenience fee of 2.85% of your bill for all credit card payments.
        3. There are no payment plans for summer courses.
    • Financial support letters are to be mailed directly to
    • Contact Student Financial Services at 864-656-5592 for questions regarding tuition.

Questions about the above transient information should be directed to the Registrar Office via email to Transient Students or call 864-656-7855.

Graduate Visiting Transient

If you are enrolled in a graduate degree program at another institution and wish to take Clemson graduate courses in the summer to transfer to that institution, you may apply as a Graduate Transient Student.

Apply as a Graduate Transient Student.

Questions should be directed to the Graduate School.

Opens in a new window