With a few exceptions, all courses on faculty-directed programs are Clemson courses, and no transfer is necessary. Students’ grades on a faculty-directed program are included in their Clemson University GPA.
For exchange, third-party, and direct-enrollment programs, approved courses are transferred to Clemson upon receipt of the program’s official transcript.
- Students must receive the equivalent of a “C” grade or higher to transfer credits.
- Courses must be graded (no pass/fail courses will transfer).
- Credit hours, not letter grades, transfer.
- Grades from these programs do not affect the student’s Clemson University GPA.
Please be aware, it typically takes 12-16 weeks for your study abroad transcript to arrive. Follow the steps below to ensure your paperwork is up-to-date.
- Verify with your provider or host university an official transcript will be sent directly to email@example.com.
- For institutions that do not offer electronic transcripts, a paper copy must be sent to:
Pam Hendrix Center for Education Abroad
E-301 Martin Hall
Clemson, SC 29634.
- Verify you turned in your completed coursework approval form by checking your Clemson application and looking under the "documents" tab. If your coursework approval form is not there, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
- Once we have processed your transcript, you will receive a message that it has been sent to the Registrar.
- Be sure to check your unofficial Clemson transcript for your transfer courses within a few days of receiving this message.
- Verify the courses transferred correctly. Please note, transfer courses are listed before your Clemson courses.
- Notify our office immediately if there are any discrepancies.
Did you have to change any courses while abroad, or did you take courses that have not been approved yet?
- Add any missing courses to your coursework approval form
- Seek approval signatures for those not listed on TCEL
- Return the completed form to email@example.com
*Please see our Transferring Credit page to review this process if needed.