Skip to content

Forestry and Environmental Conservation


The Forestry and Environmental Conservation department has three undergraduate majors: Environmental and Natural Resources with concentration areas in Conservation Biology, Natural Resources Management and Natural Resources Economic Policy; Forest Resource Management with an option in Land Surveying; and Wildlife and Fisheries Biology. Advising is managed by the Student Services Manager and a team of faculty advisors. Each semester, FEC advisors work with students to select the appropriate courses based on their major to help ensure they graduate on time. Our undergraduate advisors can also assist with general advising and academic questions, completion of academic forms, and course and registration information.

  • Where is the advising office?

    The main advising office can be found in Lehotsky Hall, room 265. For questions related to undergraduate academic advising, please email the Student Services Manager, Kelly Coffin, You can view the campus map for help on locating our office.

  • When is the advising period?

    There are no set dates for the advising period each semester (Fall and Spring). Advisement can run anywhere from two months to two weeks before registration begins. It is best to contact your advisor to ask when they intend to hold advising meetings.Some advisors use the CU Navigate platform while other advisors will contact you by email to set up advising appointments.

  • Who is my advisor?

    If you are unsure of who your advisor is, you can look on your Degree Works page, found on iRoar, or contact the FEC Student Services Manager, noted above.

  • How do I determine my semester schedule prior to course registration?

    In order to register for courses, you will need to (1) determine what courses you want to take for the upcoming semester; (2) get advised by your advisor, who will also give you your registration PIN number. In order to determine what courses you want to take, you can view the master schedule on iRoar>Student>Registration>Add/Drop Classes, Plan Ahead, and View Schedule. It is here you can browse classes that will be offered in the upcoming semester. Note that not all classes may appear at once, as schedulers often have to add classes at later dates, based on demand and instructor schedule. Upon determining your semester schedule, you can contact your advisor to set up an advisement appointment.

  • How can I change my major?

    If you wish to change your major, you are strongly encouraged to speak with your advisor first. If you decide to formally change your major, you will need to contact your intended major to ensure they are accepting new students. If they are, you may then fill out a Change of Program request by going to iRoar>Student>Student Records>Change of Program.

  • How can I add a minor or concentration?

    If you wish to add a minor, change a minor, add a concentration/emphasis area, or change a concentration/emphasis area, fill out a Change of Program request by going to iRoar>Student>Student Records>Change of Program.

  • How can I request a course substitution?

    Substitutions may be requested by going to iRoar>Student>Student Records>Request Substitution for Academic Requirement. The request will go to your advisor, who may request additional information or supporting documents. Step-by-step instructions can be found at:

  • What is the process for taking a course at another school?

    To take a course elsewhere, you must meet with the FEC Student Services Manager to fill out an Approval for Work to be Taken Elsewhere form. You will need the name of the school where you intend to study, and the name of the course. If the course has not previously been accepted by Clemson, you may need to provide a syllabus. You can print out your own form at:

  • How can I apply for Academic Forgiveness?

    To apply for Academic Forgiveness, you must meet with your advisor and or Student Services Manager. Please review Academic Forgiveness policies prior to making an appointment.

Department of Forestry and Environmental Conservation
Department of Forestry and Environmental Conservation | 261 Lehotsky Hall Box 3403317 Clemson, SC