Student Opportunity Center
The Office of Creative Inquiry and Undergraduate Research has partnered with the Student Opportunity Center (SOC) to bring all Clemson undergraduate students access to more than 10,000 presentation, publishing, internships, and funding opportunities. The SOC is a database and community platform where students are connected with academic engagement opportunities.
The Database lists thousands of events (conferences, meetings), publications (journals, blogs), and experiential learning opportunities (intern/scholar programs, grants). The Community Platform provides a way for students to create/participate in their own events & opportunities on institutional, local, state, and regional levels.
- Go to SOC and select the “LOG IN” button in the top right hand corner.
- Click the “sign up” button at the bottom.
- Fill out the information using your @g.clemson.edu email (this will link your account to Clemson so you can use the site for free).
- Activate your account by going to your email and clicking the link they send you.
- The Home Page –
- Find the search bar in the middle of the page
- Useful Tabs (on the left side):
- Search (where you can find opportunities)
- My Opportunities (repository of your saved opportunities)
- Interests (filter and select fields for your interests/opportunities)
- Profile – set-up your profile in the right side of the home page
- Trouble-shooting –
- If the tabs are not visible, click on the set of three lines in the upper left-hand corner next to the search bar.
- Logout by clicking your name in the upper right-hand corner and select “logout”.