Please visit our FAQ page for self-guided information.
Become a Friend of the Garden today for early access to our Spring and Fall Plant Sales!
The nursery is an integral part of the Garden. The nursery grows high-quality plants to support both the gardens and, in turn, the public community. The nursery also hosts the Garden's Semiannual Plant Sales, which are major fundraising events for the SCBG, and all profits support operations and enhancements in the garden.
SCBG volunteers and garden staff work very hard preparing for the event. Many selections of a wide variety of plant material are always available, such as annuals, vegetable transplants and herbs, bog plants, perennials, ferns, shrubs, grasses, trees and fruits and many hard-to-find native plants. The majority of the plant material at the sales is produced in the nursery, and many selections are propagated from the SCBG plant collection.
Tips for shopping the sale online
- Become a Friend of the Garden for early access to the sale! Visit the SCBG membership page for more information about how to join, membership levels and benefits.
- If you’re already a Friend, make sure your membership information is current. Communications to members are sent in emails. If you are not currently receiving the monthly newsletter email as all members should, please contact Beth Schneider, Friends Membership Coordinator, 703-869-4844 or firstname.lastname@example.org to update your information.
- Continue to check this webpage - so much information is in this spot! Announcements, helpful links, the catalog will all be found here as they are available.
- Read over the FAQs on the Plant Sale webpage. As the online format is new to us all, we have tried to guide you through the process with these questions so that you will know what to expect.
- Like our Facebook page! Want to know when the catalog is ready? Need a reminder of when the sale starts? It is a great way to keep up with garden events!