CLEMSON PSA WATER RESOURCES RESEARCH, MANAGEMENT & TECHNOLOGY CALL FOR RESEARCH AND EXTENSION PROPOSALS 2018-2019
PURPOSE OF PROGRAM
During the 2018-19 fiscal year, Clemson Public Service and Agriculture (PSA) received $2 million in recurring funds from the S.C. legislature to fund program support for Water Resource Research, Management and Technology and to help unify individual university programs into a more complete and integrated Water Resources Program at Clemson. The goals of the program are to:
- Provide supportive research and education to establish an accurate understanding of the state’s water resources the implications for increased demand for water.
- Expand current and develop new water resource research, management and technology programs that benefit the public and support needs and priorities of South Carolina and of partner agencies (e.g., S.C. Department of Natural Resources (SCDNR), S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control (SCDHEC), S.C. Department of Agriculture (SCDA), Farm Bureau, etc.)
SOUTH CAROLINA WATER RESOURCES CENTER
Statewide Competitive Research Program
USGS / NIWR State Water Resources Research Institute (WRRI) Program
FY 2023 Request for Proposal Deadline is MARCH 31, 2023
The principal objectives of the state competitive grants program include the following:
- Conduct research relative to important water resource problems of South Carolina.
- Promote the dissemination and application of the results of the research involving these problems.
- Assist in the training of scientists in relevant water resource fields.
Funding for FY 2022 has been awarded to:
Developing an Online GIS Tool for South Carolina to Estimate Bacteria Sources and Loading Rates at a Watershed Scale with Landon Knapp as principal investigator (SC Sea Grant Consortium)
Identifying PFAS Hotspots in Surface Waters of South Carolina Using a New Optimized Total Organic Fluorine Method with Susan Richardson as principal investigator (University of South Carolina)
Quantifying Ecological Responses Following Floating Treatment Wetland Application in Brackish Stormwater Ponds with William Strosnider (University of South Carolina) as principal investigator
View the list of past awards. Section 104 of the Water Resources Research Act directs the U.S. Secretary of the Interior to administer program grants to Institutes and Centers established within the States and certain other similar jurisdictions for research, education, and training that will assist the Nation in augmenting its water resources science and technology. Responsibility for administration of this program has been delegated to the United States Geological Survey (USGS). Research funds will be used to support water resources research that is of critical need to the state of South Carolina. Research proposals submitted under this Request For Proposals may be for a one-year duration only.
U.S. GEOLOGICAL SURVEY & NATIONAL INSTITUTES FOR WATER RESOURCES (NIWR)
Water Resources Research National Competitive Grants Program
Due Date for 104G Applications
April 27, 2023G23AS00485 for 104g General Opportunity Announcement Link
Application Due Date Explanation for 104G
Applications, including the full proposal, must be submitted to grants.gov by the State Water Resources Research Institute prior to the 5:00 PM Eastern Time, April 27, 2023 closing date. Proposals must be submitted as a complete application package (full proposal, SF-424 and SF-424B, matching commitment letter, budget breakdown, budget justification and budget summary) to grants.gov by the university that houses the Institute. PI’s must coordinate with their respective Institutes prior to submission to allow time for the Institute to meet the deadlines of this program announcement.