Application for Re-Entrance

If you were previously enrolled as a regular student at Clemson (not a special or transient student) but are not enrolled in the current term, you are classified as a former student.

Former Undergraduate Students

Former Students

If you are a former student continuing your studies, you will be readmitted into your previous major but in the current catalog year. Senior students (students with 90+ hours) are readmitted into the major AND catalog year they were in when they last attended. Former students returning whose major has been discontinued will return in a non-degree status and must change to a degree-granting program.

Clemson grads applying for re-entrance as a former student are placed in a "Non-Degree Seeking Undergraduate" status. After re-admittance you can update your status via a Change of Program Form in iROAR.

After admission and prior to enrolling in courses, all former undergraduates must meet with an advisor in the Academic Success Center (ASC). Advising appointments are made on a first come, first serve basis. If you are considering taking a course over the summer, you should meet with an advisor early. Course registration is not permitted until you meet with an ASC advisor.

Academic Probation, Suspension or Dismissal


Students on academic probation are re-admitted on probation.  Students remain on probation until the requirements to be in good standing have been met.


If you have been academically suspended from Clemson, you will need to submit an Application for Re-Entrance when you are eligible to return.


If you have been academically dismissed from Clemson University, you will need to appeal your dismissal and submit an Application for Re-Entrance. After the Appeals Committee on Academic Eligibility has met, a decision will be sent to you and the Office of the Registrar. The Office of the Registrar will then process all applications for which an appeal was approved. You may go ahead and schedule an advising appointment with the Academic Success Center to have an academic plan in place. However, meeting with an advisor does not guarantee you will be granted re-admission. This is for planning purposes only. The Appeals Committee will meet on August 9, 2019 to review appeals for Fall 2019 and December 30, 2019 for Spring 2020.

Application Windows
Part of Term Date
Fall 2019 3/4/19 - 8/23/19 @ noon
Spring 2020 10/7/19 - 1/10/20 @ noon
Summer 2020 3/2/20 - 6/24/20 @ noon
Fall 2020 3/2/20 - 8/21/20 @ noon
The Undergraduate Application for Re-Entrance fee is $25.00. Instructions for payment are provided in the application. Acceptance letters will be sent to the email address entered on the application. In order to allow sufficient time for processing, you should apply as soon as possible after the application opens but no later than one week prior to the start of the term in which you wish to re-enter.

The Application for Re-Entrance is no longer available for the Fall term. The application will be available for Spring beginning October 7, 2019.

Former Graduate Students

Graduate students who were enrolled within the last two years must complete an Graduate Application for Re-Entrance. Degree-seeking students are readmitted into the degree and major they were in when they last attended Clemson University Graduate School.

Graduate students enrolled for more than two years but less than six years must complete an Graduate Application for Re-Entrance which must be approved by their academic department. The application must show any new graduate work. The Graduate School may ask for official transcripts.

Students not enrolled in the past six years are considered new students. They must submit a new application, fee and all supporting materials to Graduate Admissions, E-209 Martin Hall.

Former students who wish to take undergraduate courses should contact the Admissions Office for procedures.

Download Adobe Reader