Professional Licensure and Certifications

Clemson University programs are designed to prepare students to apply for licensure or certification in South Carolina. These include face-to-face, online, and hybrid programs. Completion of a Clemson University program may or may not lead to licensure or certification in other states.

Clemson University makes every effort to ensure information about educational requirements for licensure or certification is current; however, state requirements may change. Separate from educational requirements, state licensure boards may require applicants to complete professional examinations, background checks, years of professional experience, residence requirements, training, etc. As such, Clemson University does not guarantee completion of an academic program will automatically lead to a licensure or certification.

If you are planning to pursue professional licensure or certification in a state other than South Carolina, it is strongly recommended that you contact the appropriate licensing entity in that state to seek information and guidance regarding licensure or certification requirements PRIOR to beginning an academic program. It is also imperative that you notify your program and check licensure or certification requirements if you relocate to a new state while enrolled in a program.

In addition, if your program leads to a professional license or certification, authorization may be required from the state professional licensing board prior to beginning a clinical or field experience in that state. Check here or with your program's internship or clinical coordinator prior to beginning an internship or field experience in another state. 

For your convenience, select the College that houses the academic program below, then select the state in which you intend to be licensed, you will now see licensing requirements for each program in the state where you will seek employment. Links to state professional associations or licensing authorities are provided for each program.

If you have trouble finding the requirements for a specific state, please contact the program's advisor or email for assistance.