INSTRUCTORS: Are you interested in making your online or hybrid course more effective and accessible?
Clemson Online is proud to announce its first Quality Matters Cohort beginning in Spring 2023. This program will guide up to six instructors through the process of online course improvement using the QM Rubric, culminating in an internal review of their course for a QM Essentials badge. Participants will also be paid a $500 stipend upon completion of all requirements and have the opportunity to become a Certified Peer Reviewer for QM and/or submit their course for an official review.
The Quality Matters review process at Clemson is available to all instructors who teach online or hybrid courses; it's an excellent way to demonstrate evidence of teaching effectiveness and improvement. This program will take cohort participants through the process of learning about the QM Rubric, effective online teaching practices, and a review of a course of their choosing.
- Application opens on November 1, 2022 and closes January 30, 2023. Applicants must have already taught the course they intend to submit for review.
- Cohort participants will be notified by February 6, 2023 and all responsibilities must be completed by June 30, 2023.
- Cohort responsibilities will include:
- Attending an orientation session (virtual option will be available).
- Completing the two week asynchronous online Applying the QM Rubric Workshop (APPQMR) with certified facilitator Sharyn Emery, PhD.
- Meeting with Clemson Online review team for a pre-review and post-review call.
- Submitting an online or hybrid course for an internal QM Review and making any necessary revisions so the course meets standards.
- Two meetings with the entire cohort to check-in and discuss progress (virtual option will be available).
- Completing an end of program survey.
- NOTE: the total time commitment is mostly up to the individual participant; there will be no other required attendance beyond what is listed above.
Click the link provided above to go to the application page and provide some basic information. You will need to include the name of the course you are interested in working on during the cohort, as well as a short narrative about why you'd like to participate.
About QM at Clemson
Quality Matters is a nationally recognized non-profit organization “specializing in standards, processes and professional development for quality assurance in online and blended learning.” The QM Team at Clemson Online has over 40 years of combined higher ed teaching experience and are certified through Quality Matters to review online courses. In the two years since we kicked off the QM program at Clemson, we have reviewed 27 courses and are ready to review yours!
Your certified Peer Reviewers are:
- Lori Kinley, PhD - Associate Director of Online Development
- James Butler, MA - Digital Learning Strategist
- Sharyn Emery, PhD - Digital Learning Manager
Your certified QM Coordinator is:
- Yamil Ruiz, QM Coordinator - contact him for questions about the cohort, the application, or the QM process itself.
Follow our social accounts and stay up to date with Clemson Online this month and every month!
Click on the icons below:
Clemson Online provides expertise and personalized faculty support to create and sustain unique learning opportunities and environments.
Clemson Online will further the development of globally recognized, competitive, and innovative educational experiences, thereby making Clemson University accessible to all students and extending the land grant mission.