What is Respondus 4?
Respondus is a powerful tool for creating and managing exams and surveys that can be printed to paper or published directly to Canvas. Exams can be created offline using a familiar Windows interface. Respondus can be more efficient than creating paper tests in Word or on-line tests directly in Canvas, saving you hours on each project and increasing your testing flexibility.
Some Key Features of Respondus Include:
- Supports up to 15 question types, including calculated and algorithmic formats
- Import questions from MS Word(including embedded images) and text files
- Add tables, bulleted lists, font changes, and enhanced formatting (e.g. bold, italics) just like in a word processor
- Insert mathematical and scientific symbols using the Respondus Equation Editor or MathType
- Embed graphics, audio, and video to questions as well as answers
- Add links to multimedia content on other servers with the Web Links tool
- Preview questions before publishing them directly to one or multiple Canvas courses
- Print exams/surveys directly from Respondus, or save files to MS Word or rich-text format
- Importing and exporting options make Respondus ideal for sharing tests and surveys with colleagues at Clemson or other universities
- Access to over 1,000 publisher test banks in Respondus format -- FREE to instructors who adopt a participating textbook
Is There a Cost Associated with Respondus 4?
Clemson licenses Respondus for use in all areas of activity–teaching, research, and public service. There is no charge to users.
How Do I Download Respondus 4?
Respondus 4 is available to all Clemson University employees to download to your computer(s). Request the download file by contacting ITHELP@clemson.edu. Support staff will provide you with the installation file and password, as well as other information and resources regarding Respondus.
How do I Use Respondus 4?
- Creating and Formatting Questions with Respondus (.SWF)
- Introduction to the Respondus Test Bank Network (.SWF)
- Importing Questions with Respondus (.SWF)
- The Respondus Exam Wizard (.SWF)
- Randomizing Exam Questions (.SWF)
- Quick Start Guide (.PDF)
- User Guide (.DOC)
- Installing and Configuring Respondus (.DOC)(.PDF)
- Publishing a Quiz to Canvas (.DOC)(.PDF)
- Exporting and Printing Canvas Tests (.DOC)(.PDF)
- Updating Respondus (.DOC)(.PDF)
Frequently Asked Questions
Review the Respondus Knowledge Base for assistance with frequently asked questions. To keep up to date and learn about features of Respondus, subscribe to the Respondus Update e-newsletter.
Do we offer Instructor-Led Training for Respondus 4?
Yes. Clemson Online currently offers instructor-led training for employees. Please view our training calendar to register for these available classes or email ITHELP@clemson.edu to schedule 1-on-1 training.
What are the System Requirements for using Respondus 4?
Review the Respondus System Requirements.
Additional Respondus Resources