Turnitin is available to all Clemson employees and students at no extra cost.
What Is Turnitin?
Categories: Assessment Tools
Turnitin encourages student originality and provides instructors a tool to use in the detection of plagiarism in text-based assignments. Turnitin produces an "Originality Report" for a student's work by making comparisons that look not only for exact word-for-word matches but also for students' attempts to mask plagiarism by making superficial changes or mixing several sources without attribution.
At Clemson, Turnitin is integrated with Canvas, making it easy to create and distribute assignments in a familiar way for students.
*The app download is optional*
- Turnitin Student Manual (HTML)
- Submitting Turnitin Assignments in Canvas (PDF)
- Access Feedback in GradeMark (Video/HTML)
- Access Originality Check and PeerMark (Video/HTML)
More on Turnitin
- Managing Canvas Course Menu to Add Turnitin Link (HTML)
- Using Turnitin in Canvas (PDF)
- Turnitin Feedback Studio Commenting Tools (PDF)
- How to Use Layers in Turnitin Feedback Studio (PDF)
- Submitting Student Work to Turnitin Outside of Canvas (PDF)
- Submitting Student Work to Turnitin Outside of Canvas (Video HTML)
- Manual for Using Turnitin Studio Outside of Canvas (HTML)