Skip to content

Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering


Creating Connections

Chemical engineering started at Clemson University over 100 years ago; our graduates have been an integral part of our continued success from the beginning. From student opportunities to outreach, the Chemical Engineering Department alumni proactively expand the knowledge and experiences of our students and faculty. The number of graduates increases by around 80 per year, with 80% going straight into the workforce and the other 20% continuing on academically.

We aim to enhance the lifelong Clemson Experience - by involving, informing, and engaging.

Alumni Gallery
Class picture in front of Earle Hall.
Wong Family with Thies on hiking trip.
Male student performing research during summer session.

Expanding Opportunities

We partner with alumni and friends to increase the opportunities for our students through sustainability-focused research and collaborations with industry that bring Clemson's ideas to the world. Areas of focus that significantly increase the talent and educational offerings include Scholarships, Fellowships, and Endowments.

Give to ChBE Explore Focus Areas

Anish Chaluvadi decided he wanted to become an engineer after visiting family in India and seeing them prepare for daily power outages - a dramatic difference from the life he knew in South Carolina, where electricity flowed into his home with rare interruption.

Chaluvadi  profile

“I realized if I ever wanted to work with others to fix this problem, I needed to be an engineer. I needed to be someone who could apply what I learned from research and take it to people who needed it the most.”

Anish Chaluvadi
Cross-Disciplinary Researcher
Getman Lab
Students that participated in Denmark lab program.
Graduates smiling at graduation ceremony.

Fostering Connections

The Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering wants to keep you connected to the department - from research projects to events. Please create or update your account with the Clemson University Alumni Office so we can keep in touch. If you are in the area, please call ahead (864.656.3000) and let us know you are coming to visit. We would love to see you!

Update Information Tigerlink Mentorship