Skip to content

Student Health Services

New Students

Tiger Mascot at Redfern

Welcome to Clemson University Student Health Services!

We are an integrated, outpatient organization comprised of three divisions: Medical Services, Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS), and Healthy Campus. Please click on the information below to learn more about our services, programs and new-student requirements.

Requirements and Recommendations

  • Immunizations

    All entering undergraduate and graduate students are REQUIRED* to:

    1. Complete Student Immunization Forms or obtain a verified** copy of your immunization record. Upload completed documents and enter immunization dates in MyHealth-e*** (Student Health Services' secure, online health portal). 

      • Log in to MyHealth-e using your Clemson username and password. 
      • Click "Medical Clearances" to upload your documents and enter vaccine dates. 
    2. Complete the Tuberculosis Risk Assessment Questionnaire in MyHealth-e.

      • In the “Medical Clearances” tab, click “Update” for the “High Risk Tuberculosis Screening Questionnaire.”
      • If you have trouble logging in to MyHealth-e, you can print and mail/fax *** the form: Tuberculosis Risk Assessment Questionnaire

    All forms should be submitted prior to July 1 for summer/fall enrollment and December 1 for spring enrollment. Students not in compliance with the immunization requirements may have a hold placed on future registrations and may be subject to a late fee.


    *Exception: If you are only enrolled in online courses, you do not need to comply with medical clearance requirements. However, if you receive notices of non-compliance, contact Health Information at 864-656-2234.

    **Acceptable forms of verification include one of the following:

    • Personal shot records that are verified by doctor's stamp or contain a health provider's signature

    • Personal shot records with a clinic or health department stamp

    • Military Records or World Health Organization (WHO) documents

    • Previous college or university records that are verified

    ***You may also mail or fax completed documents to:
    Redfern Health Center
    Clemson University
    Box 344054 Rm: 34
    Clemson, SC 29634-4054
    Fax: 864-656-0760

    Learn More
  • Pharmacy Insurance

    We file as an in-network provider for most pharmacy insurance plans in our pharmacy at Redfern Health Center. Our goal is to have your prescriptions ready when you need them, so please use our online form to: 

    You may also complete the Pharmacy Prescription Card Information Form and/or  Prescription Transfer Form and fax or mail them to the pharmacy in Redfern Health Center:

    Redfern Health Center
    Clemson University
    735 McMillan Rd.
    Clemson, SC 29634-4054
    Fax: 864-656-2500

    Learn More
  • Medical Insurance

    Undergraduate Students

    We courtesy file as an out-of-network provider for many commercial medical insurance plans. Insurance cards can be uploaded to MyHealth-e so we have your information on file. Please know that some plans will not reimburse for out-of-network services. You are responsible for any charges not paid by your insurance.

    Clemson University offers a comprehensive Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) for which we are an in-network provider; claims are filed in-house. If you want to enroll, please follow instructions for Voluntary Students.

    Graduate and International Students

    Clemson University offers a comprehensive  Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) for which we are an in-network provider. Claims are filed in-house.

    Health insurance is REQUIRED for the following students who are considered Mandatory Students:

    1. Graduate students enrolled in nine or more credit hours in on-campus programs at all campus locations

    2. Graduate students classified as graduate assistants (GAs) at all campus locations (GAs receive a per-semester student insurance subsidy when enrolled in the SHIP)

    3. All F-1, F-2, J-1 and J-2 international students

    If you fall into one of these categories, you are charged for the SHIP on your bill in iROAR. Please follow the steps below to activate your enrollment. You may submit a waiver if you have alternate insurance coverage that meets university requirements.

    If you do not fall into one of these categories and are not charged for the SHIP on your bill in iROAR, you can still enroll in the SHIP as a Voluntary Student .

    Activate Enrollment (SHIP)

    If you are considered to be a Mandatory Student (students required to have health insurance and are charged for the SHIP on their bill in iROAR) and you do not submit a waiver, you must complete the steps below to activate your enrollment. This can only be done during the open enrollment period. 

    1. Register for classes and wait 48 hours.

    2. When it’s been 48 hours since you registered for classes, visit

    3. Click on the link for "Mandatory Students" and follow the steps.

    Commercial Insurance

    If you have alternate insurance coverage, we courtesy file as an out-of-network provider for many commercial medical insurance plans. Insurance cards can be uploaded to MyHealth-e so we have your information on file. Please know that some plans will not reimburse for out-of-network services. You are responsible for any charges not paid by your insurance.

    To contact the Insurance and Billing Office, call 864-656-3561 or email

    Learn More
  • Aspire to Be Well and AlcoholEdu

    Healthy Campus coordinates Aspire to Be Well, a CU 1000 undergraduate student requirement. Aspire to Be Well is a peer-led health, safety and resiliency focused dialog presented by Healthy Campus student facilitators. This 90-minute dialog covers areas key to maintaining a healthy and safe lifestyle, including overall well-being and resilience, alcohol and other drug misuse prevention, mental health and suicide prevention, and interpersonal violence prevention, while focusing on bystander intervention and campus resources. You will receive session and sign-up information in your email account during the first week of classes. Online sign-up is required before attending a session.

    Graduate students are strongly encouraged to attend Aspire to Be Well for Graduate Students. More information coming this Fall.

    AlcoholEdu is required for new undergraduate students. In this online educational activity, students learn about the mental and physical effects of alcohol, prepare to be active bystanders, and review state laws and University policies related to alcohol use. AlcoholEdu must be completed as part of orientation.

Information and Resources

a CAPS provider on her computer during a Telehealth session


Read Student Health Services' digital brochure for a comprehensive overview of the health center and all of the services and programs provided by Medical Services, Counseling and Psychological Services, and Healthy Campus.

view of the entrance of the pharmacy at Redfern Health Center


Redfern Health Center's on-site pharmacy fills prescriptions from Student Health Services (SHS) and non-SHS providers. Use our online form to transfer prescriptions to Redfern's pharmacy. Many over-the-counter products are also available for purchase in the pharmay and online (with curbside pickup available). 

A Redfern provider listening to a patient's heart

Health Fee

University policy requires all students registered for six or more credit hours (three hours during each summer term) on the main campus pay the University health fee. Other students may choose to pay the health fee or use Redfern on a fee-for-service basis. The health fee supports all Student Health Services visits and includes a variety of services.

Health Fee
A nurse taking a patient's temperature


Use the online portal, MyHealth-e, to schedule and cancel appointments, upload insurance information and immunization records, communicate with the health center, complete required paperwork and access medical/billing records.


A nurse getting a patient's temperature


When you need to access care, appointments for Medical Services can easily be made online in MyHealth-e or by calling the appointment line: 864-656-1541. To access Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS), call CAPS reception at 864-656-2451 (for an after-hours counselor, select option 2). For after-hours medical care, MUSC Health Virtual Urgent Care is available along with other after-hours care options.


Person holding a smartphone with the CampusWell app pulled up


CampusWell includes the latest health and well-being information for college students – a great resource you'll want to frequent during your time at Clemson! Search by topic, find recipes and fitness videos, enter to win an Amazon gift card each month, read Clemson-specific content and more! New content is added weekly, and there's even an app and streaming site.

Student Health Services
Student Health Services | Redfern Health Center, 735 McMillan Road, Clemson, SC 29634