Sumter Stormwater Solutions includes Sumter County and the City of Sumter. We are dedicated to serving our community and creating meaningful partnerships. If you or your company cares about stormwater and water quality in Sumter County, please consider joining us in our efforts. Our meetings are quarterly and open to the public.
To enhance water resource protection and stewardship through education, public involvement, and partnerships.
- Use a watershed approach to develop and implement a comprehensive education strategy that addresses stormwater pollution using a prioritized approach capitalizing on local training resources.
- Foster and expand upon citizen involvement in stormwater management through education and participation programs to encourage behavioral change towards improved environmental protection and awareness.
- Facilitate collaboration among local organizations interested in watershed-related education to best meet the educational needs of local communities.
- Through partnerships, leverage education resources and organize outreach programs to meet the NPDES Phase II permit requirements for public stormwater education and outreach to achieve greater water resource protection.
- Participate in collaborative stormwater education that can serve as a model for others.
Coordinator: Katie Altman, Clemson Extension Water Resources Agent
Phone: (803) 773-5561
- Meet The Team
- What You Can Do
- Regional Consortiums
- Activity Database
- Media & Communications
- Statewide Survey
- Community Grants