Carolina Yard of the Year Contest
Recognizing Excellence in Environmentally Friendly Landscaping
Would you like to be recognized for your efforts to garden with the environment in mind? The 2019 Carolina Yard of the Year Contest is open to anyone with property in South Carolina that meets the following requirements:
- Current Carolina Yards certification or submission of a Carolina Yards Scorecard with application
- Narrative explaining why applicant values environmentally friendly landscaping and what actions he/she has taken (maximum 400 words)
- Photo and/or video documents of yard actions (You must document at least 5 Carolina Yards Actions. Actions can be found on the Carolina Yards Scorecard. You must indicate which action(s) is associated with each photo that is submitted. A maximum of 10 photos will be accepted. If submitting a video, please limit to a maximum of 3 minutes.
- Filming of yard to air as a segment on SC ETV's Making It Grow!
- Inclusion on the Carolina Yards Website
- Carolina Yards Marble Tile
- Carolina Yards Garden Stone
- Carolina Yards Garden Flag
All applications will receive a Carolina Yards sticker.
Anyone interested in applying should complete the online application form no later than Sunday, June 16. Please be sure to follow the directions on the form.
Carolina Yard of the Year Winners
2018 - Cindy Collins, Beaufort County
2017 - Lyn Pesterfield, Spartanburg County