2018-19 Event/Update PDFs
4-H August-Sept 2018
National Events: Local 4-H are active in the following
- National 4-H Week- October
- National Youth Science Day- October, More Information
- Tractor Supply Fall (Oct) & Spring Paper Clover (April) More Information
- National 4-H Congress- November More Information
- Joann's Paper Clover Program- February
- National 4-H Conference- April More Information
State Projects/Events: SC 4-H Calendar / SC 4-H events online calendar / SC Project Areas 4-H Club Year Starts Sept 1
- 4-H Alumni Day at SC State Fair- October 11
- 4-H Day at the Fair/ SC State 4-H Competitions- October 20
- Honey Bee Project- Registration Opens Dec 1. Project starts in the Spring.
- SC 4-H Presentation Contest- TBD
- Healthy Lifestyles Summit- January
- Junior 4-H Weekend- Feb
- Senior Teen weekend- March
- 4-H Legislative Day- March
- SC 4-H Engineering Challenge- April
- Small Garden Project - April-August
- Portfolio Contests- Due in State Office May 1; Submit to 4-H Agent in April.
- SC 4-H Sporting Clay Tournament, June
- Pinckney 4-H Leadership Conference, June & July- Registration, More Information
- State 4-H Teen Council- Application due June- More Information
- 4-H Club Camp, June @Camp Long, Aken or July @Camp Bob Cooper, Summerton
- State Congress July, Eligibility Requirements
- Wildlife Foot Plot Project- Registration Due August 10.
- 4-H Ambassador Program- Event August 11; Registration due August 6- More Information
- 4-H Volunteer Symposium- Final Deadline July 27, event August 11, Columbia SC.
- WHEP Educators Training- Registration due August 15, event workshop August 24th, Edgefield, SC.
Regional Project Information: Savannah Valley 4-H Region
- Backyard Rabbit & Guinea Pig (Cavy) Showmanship Project: Shows @Coastal Carolina Fair Nov 3
- Poultry Showmanship; Exhibit and Show @ Coastal Carolina Fair, Nov 3
- Cloverbud Pet Rock Showmanship Exhibit @ Coastal Carolina Fair, Oct 12 & 13
- Archery Projects Meet on 3rd Saturday of the month in West Ashley. Fundraising underway for equipment and gear- Support 4-H
- Orangeburg Fair- October 2-7th
- Coastal Carolina Fair - Oct 25 -Nov 4, 2018; 4-H presentations, contests, awards, and exhibits. 2018 4-H Fair Book
2017-18 County/Club Projects/Events: more coming soon
- Teen Teacher Volunteers- August - December; 15-17year olds are needed to help with in-school and after-school 4-H Programs. Contact Jennifer Scales for info.
- Showmanship (Rabbit & Poultry) Workshops - Contact Jennifer Scales for more info
- Egg Judging Workshops- Contact Jennifer Scales for more info.
- Paper Clover @ Tractor Supply- Oct 3-14th, Set up table or host event at a local store.
- Coastal Carolina Fair, October 25-Nov 4, 2018- Volunteers needed in Ag. Barn each morning from 8am-10am. Email JScales@Clemson.edu to sign up.
- Tri-County 4-H Awards/Recognition Ceremony- @ Coastal Carolina Fair's Agricultural Arena, Nov 3rd
- STEM Fest- Feb 3rd Volunteers needed for 4-H activity table at Brittlebank Park from 10am-3pm.
- JOANN Craft Day- Feb 3rd; 11-2pm. Volunteers needed to host craft card during paper Clover Campaign at Summerville and West Ashley stores.
- JOANN Paper Clover- Feb 1-28, 2018 Make a $1 or $4 donation to 4-H at checkout. Learn More and register for awards.
- Kids Fair- Feb 25th- Volunteers needed
- Paper Clover @ Tractor Supply- April 11 – April 22
- Showmanship Workshops,Email JScales@Clemson.edu for more information.
- 4-H Night at the Battery- Sat, May 26th. 4-H Fundraiser, you can purchase discounted tickets through 4-H. The cost is $15 (plus $3 online service charge, 4-H Clubs also have paper tickets available without service fees). 4-H clubs keep $5 from each ticket! Link- https://tickets.charlestonbattery.com/ordertickets.asp?p=8&src=default Fundraising Code "4H".
- Camp CHEF: Cooking Healthy Equals Fun- day camp hosted by the Charleston Clovers 4-H Club Healthy Lifestyles Team. Facebook page
- Exploring Lowcountry Waterways 4-H2O Camp- week long day camps June 18-22nd and July 23-27th. Registration is full- Website
- Melting Pot: Culture and Cuisine Cooking Camp- St. George July 16-20. Camp is full.
- Showmanship Workshops, Rabbit & Cavy Showmanship Workshop in Charleston on Saturday August 4 from 10am-noon. RSVP to JScales@Clemson.edu for more information.
- Poultry Showmanship set for Sept 8 10-noon. RSVP to JScales@clemson.edu.