Hampton County 4-H is always looking for new volunteers! Volunteers are key for the success of the 4-H program. As a registered volunteer, you can work directly with 4-H youth in South Carolina after completing a screening process and training at no cost to you! You will help to facilitate learning through things like club meetings and 4-H activities.
If you are interested in volunteering for Hampton County 4-H please contact us at 803-943-3427 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Must be 18 years or older and cannot simultaneously be a 4-H member.
- Chaperones must be at least 21 years old (county age requirement may differ).
- Must complete and submit a 4-H Volunteer application and background check
- We welcome all youth, their families and other volunteers to participate in the program regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran's status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability and never discriminate on the basis of any of those attributes.
10 ways you can support your local 4-H program:
- Lead a club - Become a club leader, mentor youth in a project area, or serve as a guest speaker for a club.
- Teach a skill - Teach a workshop for club members, organize a club in your area of specialty.
- Judge projects - Judge exhibits, speeches, performances, and projects. Provide encouragement and suggestions for Improvement. Inspire and challenge youth to master their skills.
- Plan or help at an event - help organize an event, set-up or clean-up, refreshments, registrations - there are always things to do.
- Serve on an advisory board or committee - sit on a local board or committee and help determine program priorities. There are state and national advisory opportunities too.
- Help with a specific 4-H project - Mentor youth In their project work, inspire them to set goals, create and implement a plan, and reflect on what they learned and would do differently next time.
- Assist with program delivery - volunteer with a club, assist with a summer program. We can always use an extra set of hands and eyes!
- Volunteer on a fair or county festival organizing committee - be Inspired by the talents and creativity of the next generation and help plan projects, events, and displays. Assist In the show ring or exhibit hall.
- Utilize your professional skills - share your technical skills and knowledge by helping develop subject matter for curriculum/project sheets, create marketing tools, record training videos for projects or club programs. Mentor youth In interviewing and resume skills.
- Share your experiences - be a guest speaker and Inspire youth to share your hobby or career path. Invite a 4-H'er to shadow you for the day, share your educational path, why you do what you do, what you aspire to do.