Eagles Shotgun Club
Who We Are:
- Cloverleafs - ages 10-12 as of January 1, 2022
- Juniors - ages 13-14 as of January 1, 2022
- Seniors - ages 15-18 as of January 1, 2022
- Coaches - Stanley and Paula Mills (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Team leaders, coaches, and volunteers have been trained through the National 4-H Shooting Sports Coaches Licensing Program, the Scholastic Clay Target Coaches Program, the Level One National Sporting Clay Association Coaches Licensing Program, and the National Skeet Shooting Association Referee Program. Each coach and volunteer has passed Clemson University's background checks and is a certified SC 4-H Volunteer.
What We Are About:
- This club is designed to teach firearm safety, team work, and discipline while your child learns to compete in the disciplines of sporting clays, skeet, and trap. Members will complete the SCDNR Hunter Education course at the age of 12, taught by a team coach that is also a SCDNR qualified volunteer.
- The club will provide a practice facility, targets, and fun while learning firearm safety.
- Participants will need to provide their own eye and ear protection, shotgun shells for their firearm, shell pouch or vest, fire arm carry case, cleaning kit, shell bag, fire arm, skeet and improved cylinder choke.
- Youth may use their own firearm if it is in good working order and is the right size and gauge for them. If they do not have access to a suitable gun, they may use the club guns when available.
- Costs to participate include but are not limited to: $15 annual 4-H membership dues which includes a T-shirt, accident insurance coverage while with 4-H, and discounted rates to certain 4-H opportunities, as well as entry fees for meets ($25-85 depending on the type of event attended), off-site practice ($5-7 per round), registration to shoot host organizations ($75-100). We attend an average of about 12 meets per year. We do attend some national events where fees may vary. Total estimated cost per month is $115-150.
- Shotgun Club Rules
- Shotgun Club Bylaws
- Shotgun Club Bag Checklist
- SC 4-H Dress Code
When We Meet:
- every other Sunday, 2-4pm
- 2021-22 schedule
Where We Meet:
- On-site practices are in Newberry
- Off-site practice locations are in Newberry and Edgefield
(practicing off-site without club leaders is not technically a 4-H meeting and thus not covered by 4-H insurance)
- Shoot Locations vary
- National 4-H Shooting Sports www.4-hshootingsports.org/
- Shop 4-H Mall www.4-hmall.org
- NRA Headquarters www.nrahq.org/youth/
- SC DNR www.dnr.sc.gov
- Scholastic Clay Target Program www.sssfonline.org
- Midway USA Foundation www.midwayusafoundation.org
- National Wild Turkey Federation www.nwtf.org
- National Skeet & Sporting Clay Association www.nssa-nsca.org
- Amateur Trap Association www.shootata.com