4-H School Enrichment Programs: Groups of youth receiving a sequence of learning experiences in cooperation with school officials during school hours, to support the school curriculum. It involves direct teaching by Extension staff or trained volunteers, including teachers.
4-H School Aged Child Care Educational Programs: Educational programs offered to youth outside of school hours, usually in a school or other community center, and incorporating 4-H curricula.
In-School Programs (*also available for homeschool)
- *3rd GRADE VIRTUAL FIELD TRIPS: Once a month, receive a link to a virtual field trip that includes photo galleries, virtual tours, facts, and hands-on lessons (to be completed by the teacher and observed by the class). Standards-based. Free.
- 3rd GRADE HEALTHY LIFESTYLES: Once a month, receive a 45-minute in-person lesson that covers topics such as MyPlate, food groups, serving sizes, exercise, and healthy recipes. Lessons include a physical activity and a snack. Free.
- *5th GRADE VIRTUAL READING MAKES CENTS: Once a month, receive a link to a virtual lesson that includes read-along, vocabulary, facts, jokes, hands-on lessons (to be completed by the teacher and observed by the class), and virtual tours. Free.
- 5th GRADE READING MAKES CENTS: Once a month, receive a 30-minute in-person lesson that includes read-along, vocabulary, facts, jokes, hands-on lessons, and virtual tours. Free.
- *CHICK EMBRYOLOGY: A three-week project that teaches life cycles using eggs and incubators. Cost for this project is $5 per incubator and $5 per set of eggs. Kits will be delivered to the front door of the school and lessons will be delivered via email.
- SCHOOL GARDENS FOR SC EDUCATORS
- ONE TIME LESSONS: We also offer one time school enrichment programs to teachers as a supplement to what is currently being taught in the classroom. Contact us for more information.