Each summer, we hire outstanding young adults to assist us with our summer camps. Join us for an exciting, fun-filled summer at the beach!
• Completed High School at the time of application.
• Enjoy working with youth in a recreational environment while promoting and teaching leadership development. environment
• An outstanding work ethic, camp can be a demanding and stressful environment at times.
• Ability to work as a team and collaborate with others productively and professionally.
• The ability to maintain a positive attitude at all times.
• All applicants must pass a background check. E
• Experience working with youth is a plus.
• Those with experience or certifications for activities within our camp program (lifeguard, kayaking, paintball, high ROPES, Low ROPES) will be given priority.
• Provide a safe and inspirational environment to help campers grow as individuals and leaders.
• Assist in planning activities, camp themes, and workshops.
• Help to ensure all rules and regulations, including COVID protocols, are followed.
• Prepare equipment and other needed materials for rotations or activities you are facilitating.
• Facilitate group activities and workshops.
• Oversee recreational activities and facilitate rotations.
• Facility cleaning and maintenance.
• Work in the camp canteen as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Dates of Employment:
Counselors are required to work the following weeks:
May 21-22: Move-in Days
May 23: All Counselors Must Be Checked In By 8:00 AM
May 23 – 28: C.O.A.S.T. (Counselor Orientation and Skills Training)
May 30 – June 4: Staff Week
June 6 - 11: Week 1 FFA Camp
June 13 - 18: Week 2 FFA Camp
June 20 – 25: Week 3 FFA Camp
July 25 – 30: FFA Leadership Week
Additional weeks may be available for those who are interested.
Salary and Hours:
Each workweek begins on Sunday afternoon and ends the following Friday at 5:00 PM. Each workday will last until the evening activities are over. This position is salaried; therefore, some weekend work time may come into effect. Counselors will have a minimum of one night per week off and another downtown though out the day.
Due to the ongoing COVID pandemic, counselors maybe ask to refrain from returning home on certain weekends to prevent the spread of the virus at camp.
Salary - $300 per week; the head counselor will receive an additional weekly stipend.
Housing – All counselors will be provided accommodations for the duration of their employment. Counselors are welcome to stay at the camp during weekends or return home (if there are no camps). If they return home, they must return to the center no later than Sunday afternoon. Each counselor will have a roommate of the same gender. These will be assigned based on rotations groups; counselor preference will be taken into consideration if possible.
Meals – meals will be provided while the staff is working.
The SC FFA Center is located in Cherry Grove section of North Myrtle Beach, overlooking the salt marsh.
Online meetings- we will have two or three online planning sessions in late spring to begin planning for our camp season. These meeting dates will be set based on the availability of the counselor’s schedules.
C.O.A.S.T. (Counselor Orientation and Skills Training) will be conducted during the week of May 21- May 28. This is mandatory training for all staff. It will cover all aspects of growing a counselor, from each recreation area to first responder courses.
During staff week, assignments will be made. Counselors will be given time to work on preparing for their rotation and activities for camps. You will have a chance to facilitate groups through your rotation as well as other activities.
Areas of Operation & Assignments:
• High Element Challenge Course
• Low Element Challenge Course
• Paint Ball
• Pool / Water sports
• Camp Store
• Group Activities
• Nightlife Participation
• Camper Supervision
To apply, please fill out the application at the link below. Incomplete applications may not be considered. The deadline for applications is February 15, 2021. Please email Megan Stevens at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the application or position. If chosen, applicants will be contacted shortly after February 8 to arrange an interview.