South Carolina Ethics Course for CPA’s
The Clemson University Income Tax School offers in 2020, South Carolina Ethics Seminars in October, November and December that satisfy the two-hour South Carolina Ethics requirement.
All licensees must have six (6) hours of qualified ethics CPE that includes two (2) hours in a SC Board of Accountancy-approved South Carolina ethics course. These six hours must have been earned from January 1, 2019, through December 31, 2021. The 2-hour ethics course can be taken only once in each 3-year cycle.
Dates and Registration Links
SC Ethics – First Offering
Friday, October 30, 2020 – 10 am to 12 pm
SC Ethics – Second Offering
Thursday, November 19, 2020 – 2 pm to 4 pm
SC Ethics – Third Offering
Tuesday, November 24, 2020 – 2 pm to 4 pm
SC Ethics – Fourth Offering
Friday, December 11, 2020 – 10 am to 12 pm
Donald H Burkett, CPA, Executive Vice President, Burkett, Burkett & Burkett Certified Public Accountants PA, Columbia, SC
Donny is a lifelong resident of South Carolina. He founded Burkett Burkett & Burkett, Certified Public Accountants, P.A. in 1976 in West Columbia, SC. He has served in highly respected and valuable tax and accounting organization over the years, where he was able to provide his professional insight and gain experience working with a nationwide networking of peers. Some of his experience includes:
- South Carolina Board of Accountancy
- Board Member 2003 to 2015
- Past Chairman, Vice Chair & Secretary
- Center for Public Trust Leadership
- National Association of State Boards of Accountancy
- Past Chair 2015 to 2016
- Board Member 2007 to 2017 – Past Director At Large and Regional Director
- Past Chair of Legislative Support Committee, Relations with Member Boards and Audit Effective Committees
- Past Member of Standards Study Group
- Chair of NASBA Center for the Public Trust
- South Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Past Chairman, Vice Chair & Secretary of Treasurer
- Recipient of “Service to Profession” Award
- Central Chapter of Certified Public Accountants
- Past Chairman, Vice Chair, & Secretary of Treasurer
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Past Member & Past Council Member
- Vision Project Team Member - Develop vision and direction for CPAs for the next 15 years
This course is designed to enable all participants to understand the rules and regulations required to operate as a licensed CPA in South Carolina. The state of South Carolina expects all its licensees to conduct business in the most ethical manner, and this course helps define those expectations. The content of the course was developed for practitioners and any others concerned with South Carolina CPA licensing.
Upon the completion of this course, participants will:
- Know the purpose, composition, powers and duties of the South Carolina Board of Accountancy (SCBOA).
- Understand the licensing requirements for CPAs in South Carolina.
- Learn the South Carolina requirements for CPA Licensure Reciprocity and CPA Mobility.
- Know how the peer review process works in South Carolina.
- Understand the South Carolina Continuing Professional Education Regulation.
A PowerPoint presentation will be electronically mailed to registered participants 12 hours before the start of the seminar.
You will receive a web-link to access the online platform (Zoom or GoToWebinar) for the seminar at least two days before the seminar begins to the email address provided during registration. Please be sure to test the connection before the event as in very rare cases the firewall settings in your computer may prevent you from logging into the platform.
Polling and Exam Questions
There will be exam questions for participants throughout the presentation based on the order of the materials presented. Participants must complete these exam questions as well as the polling questions to earn the 2 credit hours of SC State Ethics Credit.
Certificate of Attendance
A Certificate of Attendance will be sent to registered participants that completed the 2 credit hours of instruction via post mail the day after the presentation.
Attendees can receive refunds up to 7 day before your event start date.
The South Carolina Ethics Requirement does not apply for Enrolled Agents or non-certified tax preparers who only need to satisfy the requirement of 2 credit hours of Federal Ethics per year.
Please call (803) 896-4770 with any questions regarding this Requirement by the SC Board of Accountancy:
Administrator: Susanna Sharpe, CPA, email@example.com
Advice Counsel: Mary League, Mary.League@llr.sc.gov
Board of Accountancy – South Carolina Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation
110 Centerview Drive, Columbia SC