Outside Scholarship Searches
Free Scholarship Search Services: While Clemson University does not specifically endorse any of the services listed below, we do encourage students to use them.
Beware of Scholarship Scams
Scam Warning Signs:
- You have to pay a fee
- Money-back guarantee
- Credit card/bank account information required
- Offers exclusive information
- Phony Scholarship — promises cash if you pay a registration fee
- Phony Scholarship Matching Service — pay a fee and they guarantee you will win awards
- Phony Educational Loan — pay a fee and receive a low interest loan
- Phony Financial Aid Seminar — a high pressure, poorly concealed sales pitch
In addition to the search sites listed below, students can learn about the availability of private aid by checking with high school guidance counselors, churches, community organizations and parents' employers. Reference books and scholarship directories are available in local libraries.
Recommended Scholarship Search Services: