Skip to content

Clemson University Graduate School

Request to Add an External Adviser to an Advisory Committee

This process is used to add an external adviser, who is not a Clemson University faculty member, to a student’s advisory committee.

Faculty members who are in other departments within the University can be added by the student’s curriculum department GSADM representative. Do not use this request to add an adviser who is a Clemson University faculty member.

At the conclusion of this process, the external adviser will be available for the student to select as a committee member. This form must be filled out by the student for the adviser to be assigned to the student’s department.

Before filling out this request, the student should speak with their curriculum department; and then, at the department’s discretion, they may potentially communicate with the requested external adviser.

After getting a departmental recommendation: