South Carolina 4-H Forestry Clinic opens the world of forests to youth. At every age level, youth engage in activities to learn about trees, forestry practices, ecology and human reliance on forests. Youth discover forest resources near their home and around the world. Youth are recruited from their participation at the Forestry Clinic to join South Carolina's National Forestry Competition Team. For more information about South Carolina 4-H Forestry, contact Mrs. Jaime Pohlman at email@example.com.
2020 Forestry Clinic Information
Friday-Sunday, February 21-23, 2020
John De La Howe School for Agriculture in McCormick, SC.
The 2020 South Carolina 4-H Forestry Clinic will be held February 21-23rd at John De La Howe School for Agriculture in McCormick, SC. This weekend-long event is an excellent opportunity for high-school age youth to learn more about forestry and forest practices. During the clinic, youth will gain hands-on experience from Clemson Forestry and Natural Resources Extension Professionals. The clinic will focus on tree identification, tree measurement, compass and pacing, and other forestry skill areas. No prior forestry knowledge or experience is required - Just a willingness to learn!
- The clinic is open to the first 20 youth who register.
- Registration closes after the first 20 paid registrations are received or Friday, February 7, 2020, whichever occurs first.
- Youth must be between the ages of 14-18 as of January 1, 2020.
- The cost of the clinic is $100 for 4-H’ers and $115 for non-4-H’ers (includes lodging, meals, and supplies).
- 2020 Forestry Clinic Flyer (PDF)
For more information, and to register, please contact: Jaime Pohlman, McCormick County Extension Agent at 864-986-1026 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Topics include: Tree measurement, Tree identification, Compass and pacing, Topographic map reading, and more!!!