Laurens County 4-H Projects
What is a 4-H Project?
4-H members participate in projects where they are asked to accomplish a task, i.e., make something, develop a skill, raise and/or train an animal, etc. There are numerous projects available to 4-H members, including; foods, clothing, public speaking, models, aerospace, wood science, livestock, health, gardening, and photography.
4-H members begin by exploring their interests. They may select one or more projects, and receive a project manual which guides them
through the activities. 4-H projects are age appropriate. The 16 year old 4-H member will be expected to do a more advanced project within
their area of interest, whereas the 10 year old might be working with an introductory activity.
4-H'ers can complete a record that demonstrates their project achievements and enter competition on a county, district and state
One of the most important aspects of 4-H project work is that the 4-H member decides what they want to learn and do as they explore their project. This allows the project to be self-paced, and gives children important skills in setting and working toward their goals. If you would like to learn more about 4-H, contact your local County 4-H Agent.
4-H projects being offered in Laurens County:
Click on the project below for more information and/or registration information about that project:
- Laurens County Bucket Calf Project (Oct./March - Dec.)
- Laurens County Dog Project (All Year)
- Laurens County Market Swine Project (Dec. - March)
- Laurens County Wildlife Rehabilitation and Conservation Project
Upstate Region Projects:
- Upstate Pullet Chain Project (May - November)
- Upstate Laying Flock Project (May - November)
- Upstate Rabbit Project (March - January)
- Upstate Winter Market Swine Project (November - April)
- SC Barrow Project (State Swine Project) (June-October)
- SC Market Steer Project (May- Nov)
- SC 4-H Small Garden Project (May - July)
- SC Dairy Heifer Project (2 year project)
- SC 4-H/FFA Meat Goat Project (May-Nov)
- SC 4-H Wildlife Foodplot Project (September - January)
- SC 4-H Honey Bee Project (March - August)
4-H Project Record Books
Click on the project below for a copy of the record book.