4-H in Schools
4-H School Enrichment Programs: Groups of youth receiving a sequence of learning experiences in cooperation with school officials during school hours, to support the school curriculum. It involves direct teaching by Extension staff or trained volunteers, including teachers.
4-H School Aged Child Care Educational Programs: Educational programs offered to youth outside of school hours, usually in a school or other community center and incorporating 4-H curricula.
York County 4-H currently offers the following programs to schools in York County:
- Youth Voice: Youth Choice: A monthly lesson on nutrition and healthy lifestyles. Includes snack. Currently a free program.
- School Garden programs: York County Master Gardeners can assist with setting up a school garden and lead instruction using the Junior Master Gardener curriculum; teachers can also independently implement the School Gardening for SC Educators curriculum.
- Junior Naturalist: A monthly lesson on natural resources and environmental sciences. Currently a free program.
- Financial Literacy: A monthly lesson for middle-high school-aged students on budgeting, understanding money, etc.
- Chick Embryology for any grades: A 25-day project that teaches life cycles using eggs and incubators. The cost for this project is dependent on what class option is selected. Click here for more information on Chick Embryology
- One Time Lessons: We also offer one-time school enrichment programs to teachers as a supplement to what is currently being taught in the classroom. Contact us for more information.
York County 4-H has proudly provided programs to the following schools:
- Cotton Belt Elementary School: Embryology
- Saluda Trail Middle School: Junior Naturalist, School Garden
- Bethel Elementary School: Embryology
- Bethany Elementary School: Embryology, School-wide 4-H
- Fort Mill Middle School: Embryology
- York Intermediate School: Embryology, Youth Voice: Youth Choice
- Clover Middle School: Leadership & Agriculture Club
- Hickory Grove-Sharon Elementary School: Embryology
- Trinity Montessori: Embryology
- Academy Christian School: Embryology
- Harold C. Johnson Elementary School: Embryology
- Old Pointe Elementary School: Embryology
- Griggs Road Elementary School: Embryology
- Fort Mill Cooperative Preschool: Embryology
- Oakdale Elementary School: Junior Master Gardener
- Belleview Elementary School: Junior Master Gardener
- South Pointe High School: Leadership & Agriculture Club
- Cherry Park Elementary School: Embryology
- Westminster Catawba Christian School: Embryology
- Oakridge Elementary School: Embryology
- Crowders Creek Elementary School: Embryology
- Forest Creek Middle School: Embryology
- Anne Springs Close Greenway Nature-Based Preschool: Embryology