4-H in Schools
4-H School Enrichment Programs: Groups of youth receiving a sequence of learning experiences in cooperation with school officials during school hours, to support the school curriculum. It involves direct teaching by Extension staff or trained volunteers, including teachers.
4-H School Aged Child Care Educational Programs: Educational programs offered to youth outside of school hours, usually in a school or other community center and incorporating 4-H curricula.
York County 4-H currently offers the following programs to schools in York County:
- Youth Voice: Youth Choice: A monthly lesson on nutrition and healthy lifestyles. Includes snack. Currently a free program.
- School Garden programs: York County Master Gardeners can assist with setting up a school garden and lead instruction using the Junior Master Gardener curriculum; teachers can also independently implement the School Gardening for SC Educators curriculum.
- Junior Naturalist: A monthly lesson on natural resources and environmental sciences. Currently a free program.
- Financial Literacy: A monthly lesson for middle-high school aged students on budgeting, understanding money, etc.
- Chick Embryology for any grades: A 25 day project that teaches life cycles using eggs and incubators. Cost for this project is dependent on what class option is selected. Click here for more information on Chick Embryology
- One Time Lessons: We also offer one time school enrichment programs to teachers as a supplement to what is currently being taught in the classroom. Contact us for more information.
York County 4-H has proudly provided programs to the following schools:
- Cotton Belt Elementary School: Embryology
- Saluda Trail Middle School: Junior Naturalist, School Garden
- Bethel Elementary School: Embryology
- Bethany Elementary School: Embryology, School-wide 4-H
- Fort Mill Middle School: Embryology
- York Intermediate School: Embryology, Youth Voice: Youth Choice
- Clover Middle School: Leadership & Agriculture Club
- Hickory Grove-Sharon Elementary School: Embryology
- Riverwalk Academy: School Garden; Gardening Club
- Village Montessori: Embryology
- Academy Christian School: Embryology
- Harold C. Johnson Elementary School: Embryology
- Old Pointe Elementary School: Embryology
- Griggs Road Elementary School: Embryology
- Fort Mill Cooperative Preschool: Embryology
- Oakdale Elementary School: Junior Master Gardener
- Belleview Elementary School: Junior Master Gardener
- South Pointe High School: Leadership & Agriculture Club
- Cherry Park Elementary School: Embryology
- Westminster Catawba Christian School: Embryology