Looking for a way to make a difference in water quality in your community?
We all live in a watershed! To make a difference in your watershed, click one of the links below.
- Volunteer for the Gills Creek Watershed Association!
- Volunteer in the Crane Creek Watershed!
- Volunteer for the Rocky Branch Watershed!
- Volunteer for the Congaree River!
- I don't know what watershed I live in...
- I don't live in either of these - how do I get started in my watershed?
Stream and Highway Clean-ups
Keep the Midlands Beautiful coordinates with local groups wanting to "adopt" streets, highways, and waterways in Richland and Lexington Counties. They assist with supplies, safety, and identifying areas that need attention. They also offer scheduled clean-ups in some of the most heavily littered areas. Keeping trash off our roadsides and out of our streams and rivers greatly benefits wildlife and the environment, and keeps our communities beautiful and enjoyable.
Visit Keepthemidlandsbeautiful.org for more information and a schedule of clean-ups in your area.
The South Carolina Adopt-a-Stream program is up and running! We are looking for groups to select a stream or lake in their area and test it once a month for chemical, bacterial, and biological parameters. Monitoring involves simple chemical and biological tests, such as pH, dissolved oxygen, and invertebrate sampling. Training and materials will be provided. This is a great service project for Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, church groups, youth clubs, science clubs, and adult groups, too! Contact Karen Jackson or visit the AAS website for more information.
- Meet The Team
- What You Can Do
- Anderson & Pickens Counties Stormwater Partners
- Ashley Cooper Stormwater
- Florence-Darlington Stormwater Consortium
- Richland Countywide Stormwater Consortium
- Lowcountry Stormwater Partners
- Sumter Stormwater Solutions
- Activity Database
- Media & Communications
- Stormwater 101
- Statewide Survey
- Community Grants