Lancaster County 4-H Clubs
Lancaster County 4-H Current Club Opportunities
4-H Clubs: Members of an organized group of youth, led by an adult, with a planned program that is carried on throughout all or most of the year. 4-H clubs may meet in any location and typically have elected officers and a set of bylaws approved by the membership to govern the club. Standard 4-H clubs involve youth, ages 5-19, and focus on in depth learning of one or more projects. 4-H cloverbud clubs provide youth, ages 5-8, with an introduction to 4-H in a non-competitive environment. 4-H clubs might meet in the community, on military installations, in schools during school hours, as well as in school age child care settings after school.
COVID UPDATE - Following the restrictions on club meetings due to COVID, we are now beginning the process to roll out 4-H clubs for in-person meetings. For the spring of 2022 the selections may be limited since most clubs take the summer months off. We are working with our volunteers now for new certification and will hopefully have several options for youth in the coming months. If you have an interest in volunteering for a club let us know.
4-H Teen Council
4-H Teen Council has come to town! What is Teen Council, you ask? It is the county 4-H leadership organization for teen 4-H members. Its purpose is to help teen 4-H members develop leadership skills, while helping to build a strong county 4-H program that benefits all members and volunteers. This program is open to youth between the ages of 13 and 19. Youth can join as soon as they turn 13, and if you are not a current 4-H member, that is fine. Note that this is replacing the Teen LEAD Program from previous years.
Meetings are typically held on one Sunday afternoon each month. The Lancaster County 4-H Agent serves as an advisor to the group.
For more information, contact Steve with Lancaster County 4-H at (803) 745-5004 or email@example.com
4-H Beginners Chess Club
- Starting in February, 2022
- meeting times/dates not confirmed yet
- open to youth ages 8 to 18
- meets most likely in the Van Wyck or Indian Land community. Once dates for meetings are established we will lock down a meeting location
- club led by Danielle Grabbe with support from volunteers
Pre-COVID Clubs that may come back but not confirmed:
STEAMing Stitches 4-H Sewing Club
- Sewing with a S.T.E.A.M. curriculum
- meetings held 2nd and 4th Tuesday from 10:00am to 12:00pm (currently suspended due to COVID)
- open to youth ages 9 to 18 as of January 1, 2019
- Meets at the Lancaster Extension Office
- club led by Kesha Johnson
- For youth who already have a basic understanding of sewing.
Creative 4-H Club
- meetings currently suspended due to COVID
- meeting times are 5:30pm to 6:45pm
- open to youth ages 9 to 18
- meets at the Lancaster Extension Office
- club led by Kesha Johnson
- topics will include crafting, basic cooking, basic sewing and more
Kershaw Library STEAM LAB Club
- The Kershaw Library is partnering with Lancaster County 4-H to provide STEAM programming for area youth in grades 4 through 12. Once per month, on the second Thursday from 4pm to 5pm, we will offer hands-on activities related to science/engineering.
- You may register for all sessions or just the ones you want. Each session is limited to 15 youth, and once spaces fill up, there will be no more added.
- Who – Youth in grades 4 – 12
Where – Kershaw Library Meeting Room
Cost – Free
How Do I sign Up? - Once COVID restrictions are lifted, we will evaluate the current interest in the club and determine a start time
4-H Small Stock Club
- Delayed due to COVID. In August of 2022 we will consider whether to offer the club beginning in the Fall of 2022
- If you have a youth that would be interested let us know so that we can properly gauge interest when making the decision to offer or not.
- Youth in this club will learn about different livestock animals/projects and the opportunities in 4-H for each. Planned areas include poultry, rabbit, meat goats and dairy goats, and potentially sheep
- In order for this club to start we will have to have a minimum of 5 youth enrolled.
- This club, if and when formed, will be led by the Lancaster County 4-H Agent. We also would need at least one (preferably 2) parent to volunteer to assist and be at the meetings in order to meet our youth program requirements.
Lancaster County 4-H Shotgun Club
Lancaster County 4-H Archery Club
- These two clubs are currently not meeting and in need of volunteers. If you, or someone you know, would be interested in assisting with a 4-H Shooting Sports Club, let us know by emailing Steve Hucks at firstname.lastname@example.org . Lancaster 4-H will sponsor the training for instructor certification so there is no cost to the volunteer.
Other Clubs currently in consideration are listed below. If you are interested in joining one of these clubs when formed, or volunteering as an adult leader, let us know.
- 4-H Photography Club
- 4-H Cloverbud Citizenship Club (Age 5-8)
- 4-H Healthy Lifestyles / Cooking Club (Age 9-18)
- If you know of a project area not listed, that youth would be interested in, let us know. 4-H is committed to providing quality programming in many different areas. In fact, we have curriculum ready to go in over 30 different program areas.
For further information on Clubs in Lancaster County, contact the Lancaster County 4-H Agent at (803) 745-5004 or email@example.com
This page last updated on January 25, 2022