Welcome Prospective Participants
The South Carolina New and Beginning Farmer Program (SCNBFP) is now accepting applications for the 2022 program!
If you are interested in applying for the 2022 class please read follow the steps below for more information and application instructions.
2022 Program Snapshot
- ‘Core’ Program Dates: May - August 2022 (all-day Friday workshops once every two weeks)
- Cost: $350.00/Person
- Core Workshop Location: Lexington County Clemson University Extension office
- COVID Contingency Plan: Online through Zoom – adequate internet and connection device required
- Who May Apply: Any current resident of SC, age 18 or older who has been actively farming for less than 10 consecutive years. Current land access not required.
- Deadline to Apply: 11:59 PM, February 20, 2022
- Download 2022 Program Flyer >>
How to Apply
Step 2: Still have more questions? Attend a virtual open house! SCNBFP staff will hold a series of 4 Zoom open houses to answer any questions you may have. Session dates and times are below.
Zoom link to access all open house sessions: https://clemson.zoom.us/j/91544906449
- Session #1 – Thursday / January 20, 2022 / 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Session #2 – Wednesday / January 26, 2022 / 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- Session #3 – Tuesday / February 8, 2022 / 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Session #4 – Friday / February 18, 2022 / 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Step 3: Click here to apply online. No paper applications are available; you must apply online. The deadline to apply is 11:59 PM, February 20, 2022. Feel free to review the application questions but do not hit "Submit" until after your application is complete. You will need to finish the application in one sitting. Please give yourself an hour to complete the application.