Welcome Prospective Participants
The South Carolina New and Beginning Farmer Program (SCNBFP) is now accepting applications for the Class of 2023 Cohort program!
If you are interested in applying for the 2023 class please read follow the steps below for more information and application instructions.
2023 Program Snapshot
- ‘Core’ Program Dates: May - December 2023, consisting of a series of 10 full day events (9 core training workshops and a graduation event) and optional advanced programming.
- Cost: $350.00/Person
- Core Workshop Locations: Some workshops will be held in-person at the Lexington County Clemson University Extension office and some will be held online via Zoom.
- Who May Apply: Any current resident of SC, age 18 or older who has been actively farming for less than 10 consecutive years. Current land access not required.
- Deadline to Apply: 11:59 PM, Monday, February 20, 2023
- Download 2023 Program Flyer >>
- Download 2023 Press Release >>
- SCNBFP Facebook Page >>
How to Apply
Step 2: Still have more questions? Attend a virtual open house! SCNBFP staff will hold a series of 3 Zoom open houses to answer any questions you may have. Session dates and times are below.
Zoom link to access all open house sessions: https://clemson.zoom.us/j/91623287793?pwd=UjY4Z2tCQmQ2QzJZdnlzb2ROTmpydz09
- Session #1 – Thursday / January 19, 2023 / 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Session #2 – Tuesday / February 1, 2023 / 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
- Session #3 – Friday / February 17, 2023 / 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Step 3: Click here to apply online. No paper applications are available; you must apply online. The deadline to apply is 11:59 PM, February 20, 2023. Feel free to review the application questions but do not hit "Submit" until after your application is complete. You will need to finish the application in one sitting. Please give yourself an hour to complete the application.