4-H Shooting Sports
The mission of the 4-H Shooting Sports Program is to assist youth in acquiring knowledge, developing life skills, and forming attitudes so they may become self- directing, productive, and contributing members of society.
4-H Shooting Sports Program
The 4-H Shooting Sports program is an educational activity to teach firearm safety to 4-H youth, help them improve their marksmanship, and to enjoy outdoor activities. The program encompasses the initiative goals of volunteer leadership, capacity-building for youth and families, and environmental stewardship with commitments from the land grant universities. 4-H Shooting Sports is an active program that is attractive to both youth and adults. It uses positive learning and interaction with youth and adult role models. The disciplines are modeled after the National 4-H Shooting Sports Program and are administered by nationally certified state leaders consisting of extension personnel and volunteers.
Building Life Skills
Specific objectives for the program are to:
- teach decision making, teamwork, self-discipline, self-confidence, and problem-solving;
- promote the highest standards of safety,
- sportsmanship, and ethical behavior;
- encourage an appreciation and understanding of natural resources;
- develop leadership skills;
- build character and willingness to assume citizenship responsibility;
- furnish enjoyable, positive relationships with peers and adult instructors;
- strengthen families through participation in lifelong recreational activities;
- build awareness of related career opportunities.
- Agriculture & Animals
- Civic Engagement & Leadership
- Healthy Lifestyles
- Natural Resources
- Pinckney Leadership
- Science & Technology
- SC Military Kids