Farm Stress Management
Taking care of crops and animals is hard on farmers and agribusiness professionals. Caring for your own health and wellness in this high-stress profession is often overlooked but is just as critical as caring for your farm business.
The Clemson Extension Agribusiness Team is working with South Carolina's agricultural community to provide the resources and evidence-based education necessary to support the mental health needs of our farmers and agribusiness professionals.
Need Help Now?
Dial 911 for an Emergency
If the situation is potentially life-threatening, get immediate emergency assistance by dialing 9-1-1.
National Suicide Prevention Resources
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline Crisis Chat
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention – Risk Factors and Warning Signs
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention – About Suicide
- Crisis Text Line: Text “GO” to 741741
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255, Press 1 (website also has a chat option)
South Carolina Suicide Prevention Resources
If you are experiencing symptoms of depression or have suicidal thoughts, reach out for help locally:
If you need immediate assistance or are facing a potential emergency, there are services you can connect with right now.