Farm Stress Management
Taking care of crops and animals is hard on farmers and agribusiness professionals. Caring for your own health and wellness in this high-stress profession is often overlooked but is just as critical as caring for your farm business.
The Clemson Extension Agribusiness Team is working with South Carolina's agricultural community to provide the resources and evidence-based education necessary to support the mental health needs of our farmers and agribusiness professionals.
Bring a Mental Health Workshop to Your Community
Thanks to the generous support of South Carolina Farm Bureau, the Clemson Extension Agribusiness Team is able to provide in-person workshops or presentations on farm stress and mental health. If you are interested in hosting a workshop or having someone provide a time-sensitive presentation as part of an already planned meeting or workshop please contact Dr. Adam Kantrovich at email@example.com or 803-788-5700.
Need Help Now?
Dial 911 for an Emergency
If the situation is potentially life-threatening, get immediate emergency assistance by dialing 9-1-1.
SC Farm Bureau - SC AgriWellness Program
South Carolina Farm Bureau's SC AgriWellness program brings mental health services into farmers’ homes by providing free counseling services for farmers and farm families. Call 1-800-968-8143 to be connected with a trained professional. More information >>
National Suicide Prevention Resources
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline Crisis Chat
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention – Risk Factors and Warning Signs
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention – About Suicide
- Crisis Text Line: Text “GO” to 741741
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255, Press 1 (website also has a chat option)
South Carolina Suicide Prevention Resources
If you are experiencing symptoms of depression or have suicidal thoughts, reach out for help locally:
Farm Stress and Mental Health Articles
- Hot Topic Article: Shattered Taboo: Death of a Farm and Resurrection of a Farmer
If you need immediate assistance or are facing a potential emergency, there are services you can connect with right now.