Bulent Koc, PhD
Agricultural Mechanization and Business
Agricultural Sciences Department
Office: 252 McAdams Hall
PhD Agricultural and Biological Engineering
PennState University 2000
MSc Agricultural and Biological Engineering
PennState University 1997
BSc Agricultural Machinery Engineering
Ankara University 1992
AGM 8710 Advanced Precision Agriculture Science and Technology
AGM 4730 Unmanned Aerial Vehicles for Agricultural Production
AGM 4060 Mechanical and Hydraulic Systems
AGM 4520 Mobile Power
Member: American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers
â€¢ Sensors and control in machinery and manufacturing systems
â€¢ Precision agriculture for sustainable crop production
â€¢ Biofuel production and characterization
1) Koc, C., A.B. Koc, F. C. Gok and H. Duran. 2019. Sustainable Water Harvesting from Atmosphere Using Solar-Powered Thermoelectric Modules. P.J. of Environmental Studies. (in press).
2) Koparan, C., A. B. Koc*, C.V. Privette, and C. Sawyer. 2019. Autonomous In Situ Measurements of Noncontaminant Water Quality Indicators and Sample Collection with a UAV. Water 2019, 11(3):604. doi:10.3390/w11030604.
3) Cooper, J.; Wiegand, B.; Koc, A.B.; Schumacher, L.; Lorenzen, C. 2018. Impact of novel light sources on color and flavor oxidation of beef. Meat and Muscle Biology, 1, 110-110.
4) Koparan, C., A. B. Koc*, C.V. Privette, C. Sawyer, J. Sharp. 2018. Evaluation of a UAV-assisted autonomous water sampling. Water 2018, 10, 655. doi:10.3390/w10050655.
5) Koc, A. B.* and Liu, B. 2018. Ultrasonic cutting of switchgrass and miscanthus stems. Applied Engineering in Agriculture. Vol. 34(2): 343-353. (doi: 10.13031/aea.11942)
6) Koparan, C., A. B. Koc*, C. V. Privette, C. Sawyer. 2018. In Situ Water Quality Measurements Using an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) System. Water 2018, 10, 264; doi:10.3390/w10030264.
7) Liu, B. and A. B. Koc*. 2017. Mechanical properties of switchgrass and miscanthus. Transactions of the ASABE, Vol. 60(3): 581-590
8) Cooper, J.V., B. R. Wiegand, A. B. Koc, L. Schumacher, I. Gruen, and C. L. Lorenzen*. 2016. Impact of contemporary light sources on oxidation of fresh ground beef. J. Animal Science (JAS). DOI: 10.2527/jas.2016-0728.
9) Liu, B. and A. B. Koc*. 2015. Field tests of a tractor rollover detection and emergency notification system. Journal of Agricultural Safety and Health 21(2): 113-127.
10) Liu, B and A. B. Koc*. 2015. Mobile Phone Sensing in Scientific Research. In Encyclopedia of Mobile Phone Behavior (Editor: Zheng Yan). Vol(1) : 426-439. IGI Global. ISBN13: 9781466682399.
11) Koc, A. B.* and M. Abdullah. 2014. Performance of a 4-cylinder diesel engine running on tire oil-biodiesel-diesel blend. Fuel Processing Technology Vol. 118:264-269.
12) Liu, B. and A. B. Koc.* 2013. SafeDriving: A Mobile Application for Tractor Rollover Detection and Emergency Reporting. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture. Vol. 98:117-120.
13) Koc, A. B.* and M. Abdullah. 2013. An instrumented diesel engine system for research and education of alternative fuels. Applied Engineering in Agriculture. Vol. 29(3):1-8.
14) Koc, A. B.*and M. Abdullah. 2013. Influence of continuous phase composition on physical properties of diesel fuel emulsions. Transactions of the ASABE. Vol. 56(1):245-252.
15) Koc, A. B.* and B. Liu. 2013. Demonstrating Tractor Rollover Stability Using Lego Mindstorms and Smart Phones. Journal of Agricultural Systems, Technology and Management. Vol. 24:1-11.
16) Liu, B. and A. B. Koc.* 2013. A Vehicle Rollover/Accident Prevention, Education, Training and Emergency Reporting System. Proceedings of the International Society for Agricultural Safety and Health, paper number: 13-07.
17) Liu, B. and A. B. Koc.* 2012. Ultrasonic determination of water concentration in ethanol fuel using artificial neural networks. Transactions of the ASABE, Vol. 55(5): 1865-1872.
18) Abdullah, M. and A. B. Koc.* 2012. Oil removal from waste coffee grounds using two-phase solvent extraction enhanced with ultrasonication. Renewable Energy, Vol. 50: 965-970.
19) Koc, A. B.* and M. Abdullah. 2012. Performance and emission characteristics of a diesel engine fueled with biodiesel nanoemulsions. Fuel Processing Technology. Vol. 109:70-77.
20) Abdullah, M. and A. B. Koc.* 2012. Kinetics of ultrasound-assisted oil extraction from black seed (Nigella Sativa). Journal of Food Processing and Preservation. doi: 1 0.1111/j.1745-4549.2012.00704.x.
21) Koc, A. B.* and E. McKenzie.+ 2010. Effects of ultrasonication on glycerin separation during transesterification of soybean oil. Fuel Processing Technology, Vol. 91(7): 743-748. +Undergraduate student.
22) Koc, A. B.* 2009. Ultrasonic monitoring of glycerol settling during transesterification of soybean oil. Bioresource Technology, Vol. 100(1): 19-24.
23) Koc, A. B.* and B. Ozer. 2008. Nondestructive monitoring of renetted whole milk during cheese manufacturing. Food Research International, Vol. 41(7):745-750.
* Corresponding author
Links2018 - Clemson students place third in international mini-robot challenge
2016 - Clemson robotic harvester wows judges at international competition