Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Assam, India 2019
KSR College Of Technology, TN, India (Anna University, Chennai, India) 2012
Jyoti Kakati is a PhD student and working with Dr. Sruthi Narayanan on soybean seed metabolomics to enhance its yield under drought conditions. He is the recipient of Clemson University’s Graduate Fellowship and Wade Stackhouse Fellowship for the year 2021-2022. He was also the President of the Graduate Student Association of PES Department for the year 2021-2022.
He received his Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) degree in Biotechnology from Anna University, Chennai, India in 2012 and worked at TATA Consultancy Services, Chennai as a system engineer for more than two years. In 2015, he joined as a Senior Research Fellow at IIT Guwahati, Assam, India and later on received M.Tech (Biotechnology) degree in June 2019 from the same institute. Thereafter, he was working as a Senior Research Fellow at IIT Guwahati before joining in the present position at Clemson University, SC in Fall-2020.
He is a recipient of the prestigious Science Academies' Summer Research Fellowship for the year 2011 and 2018 through which he got opportunities to work at the University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore and NIPGR, New Delhi, India. His research findings are published in peer-reviewed journals in domains like Bioprocess, Plant tissue culture, environmental sciences and nanotechnology.
6. Sachin Rustgi, Jyoti Prasad Kakati, Zachary T. Jones, Zolian S. Zoong Lwe, Sruthi Narayanan (2021), “Heat tolerance as a function of membrane lipid remodeling in the major US oilseed crops (soybean and peanut)”, Journal of Plant Biochemistry and Biotechnology (https://doi.org/10.1007/s13562-021-00729-2)
5. Rohit Sheshrao Ghodke, Jyoti Prasad Kakati, Subbi Rami Reddy Tadi, Naresh Mohan, Senthilkumar S (2018) “Kinetic modeling of hyaluronic acid production in palmyra palm (Borassus flabellifer) based medium by Streptococcus zooepidemicus MTCC 3523”, Biochemical Engineering Journal, Vol.137, pp. 284-293
4. Mythili GB, Ponmurugan P, Jeeva SE, Manjukarunambika K, Elango V, Hemalatha K, Jyoti Prasad Kakati, Mohanraj R, Prathap S (2017), “Biosynthesized silver (Ag) and copper (Cu) nanoformulation as foliar spray to control birds eye spot disease in tea plantations”, IET Nanotechnology, Vol.11, No.8, pp 917-928.
3. Philip Robinson Jayachandran, Jyoti Prasad Kakati, Sebastinraj Joseph, Suriya Kumaresan (2017) “In vitro seed germination of Cymbidium aloifolium (L.) Sw., a potential medicinal Orchid from Eastern Ghats of Tamil Nadu, India”, Journal of Plant Biotechnology, Vol. 44, No.3, pp 343-348
2. Jyoti Prasad Kakati, Rita Evelyne. J, M. Nadhiya (2016) “Production of Polyhydroxyalkanoate, a biodegradable plastic from novel bacterial strains isolated from textile and sugar mill effluents”, Hexagon: A Journal of Scientific Communications, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 55-61. ISSN: 2454-3810
1. Jyoti Prasad Kakati, Ponnusamy Ponmurugan, Natarajan Rajasekaran, Mythili Gnanamangai (2013) “Effect of textile effluent treatment plant sludge on the growth metabolism of Green gram (Vigna radiata L)”, International Journal of Environment and Pollution, Vol. 51, Nos. 1/2, pp 79-90