Skip to content


Academic Forms for Current Students

While enrolled at Clemson University, there are a variety of different forms students may need to access and fill out. Some of the most commonly used forms, Academic Forgiveness, Approval of Credits to be Earned at Another School, and the Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA), are listed below. Should you need additional information, please contact your advisor. A list of CECAS Advisors can be found on the Student Services Team page.

Academic Forgiveness

Academic Forgiveness is a policy that allows a student to improve their GPA by removing a D or F earned. Although academic forgiveness can improve a student’s GPA, it does reduce their earned credit hours. So, it is important that students speak with the Office of Student Financial Aid to see how academic forgiveness may affect financial aid and scholarship eligibility. Students should read the Academic Forgiveness Policy and consult with their academic advisor before submitting a request for academic forgiveness.

Complete information about the Academic Forgiveness Policy, including the conditions of the policy and FAQ, can be found on the Registrar's Academic Forgiveness page. A request for academic forgiveness can be submitted in iROAR > Student Records > Request Academic Forgiveness.

Policies and Resources

Approval of Credits to be Earned at Another School

Clemson students who plan to take classes at another school should get approval before each subject is taken. Students must consult with their academic advisor about their plans and complete the Approval of Credits to Be Earned at Another School form prior to enrolling in classes at another school. The form requires the signature of the student’s advisor. Students can check the Transfer Course Equivalency List (TCEL) to confirm whether or not the course has been successfully evaluated and transferred to Clemson previously. If the course is not on the TCEL, students will need to obtain a course syllabus from the institution and request to have the course evaluated by the department at Clemson. Information can be found on the Registrar's Transfer Credits page. All policies concerning credits taken at other domestic institutions can be found on the Approval of Credits to Be Earned at Another School form.

Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA) Release

The Family Educational and Privacy Act of 1974 allows eligible students certain rights of disclosure, nondisclosure, and correction of their education records. This extends to students at Clemson University, regards of age. Students may choose to complete and submit a FERPA Release form to allow access or release of their educational record to a third party (e.g., parent or guardian). General FERPA questions and tutorial can be found on the University Academic Advising page.

Program Fee Waiver

Students who are no longer pursuing engineering or computing degrees and cannot declare their intended major may apply for a Program Fee Waiver. Prior to submitting an application, students must meet with the new major advisor or an Academic Success Center Advisor and, if eligible, submit a Change of Academic Program request. Students should make every attempt to declare their major and review waiver qualifications before submitting a waiver application.