The Poultry Science Club meets twice per month, the day of the week and the time are subject to club member schedules. Meetings often involve a speaker and supper. Some of the activities the Club is involved in are:
- Anderson County Fair - students blood test, feed and water and maintain the show bird display. For these efforts the Fair gives the Club a check for $1,000 which is used for scholarships for club members. The Poultry Science Club assisted with judging the 4H Pullet Showmanship at the Anderson County Fair.
- International Poultry Show - in Atlanta, GA. Students travel to the International Poultry Show where they interview for internship and permanent positions as well as taking in the educational sessions and the trade show. This is an educational three-day trip with all expenses paid.
- The Brooder - each year the Club puts out a yearbook which is supported by advertisements sold to the poultry industry. The yearbook contains articles on internships, former graduates, club activities and a feature story on a poultry company. Money made on The Brooder is also used for undergraduate scholarships.
- Skeet Shoot - the end of the year features a skeet shoot and barbecue to honor the seniors graduating.
- Birdies for the Birds - Each year the SC Poultry Federation hosts a benefit golf tournament at the Clemson University's Walker Course. The Poultry Club cooks the chicken and provides the meal for the golfers and has a chance to meet with some "future employers"!
- Ag Olympics - The Club also participates in the Academic Quadrathalon team, fundraisers with other clubs and the "Ag Olympics."
Advisor: Dr. Glenn Birrenkott
President: Skye Rogers
Learn more about the Poultry Science Club.