Organic Plant Breeding Institute
Going Organic - Seminar Series: Dr. Asha S. Karunaratne
July 27th, 2021 | 10:00 - 10:45 AM (EST)
Session Recordings - Coming Soon!
Organic Plant Breeding Institute: June 7-10, 2021.
Please check the OPBI website for updates on registration and additional information.
For any questions or concerns, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Focus: Cereal & Pulse Crops
The Organic Plant Breeding Institute will gather aspiring plant scientists and breeders for a four-day, intense, practical, virtual workshop for students and scholars interested in plant breeding and genetics; as it relates to organic production systems, crop biofortification, and human health.
Monday, June 7
|Presentation Session 1: Breeding for Organic Production Systems|
Tuesday, June 8
|Presentation Session 2: Biofortification & Nutrition|
Wednesday, June 9
|Training Session 3: Breeding Techniques, Molecular Mapping, and Genomic Prediction|
Thursday, June 10
|Training Session 4: Pulse Breeding, Organic Management, and Nutritional Phenotyping|
- Organic Breeding
- Genomics & Nutrigenomics
- DNA Extraction, Quantification, & Phenotyping Techniques
- Organic Production, Management & Processing
- Guest Lectures from Nationally and Internationally Renowned Breeders & Scientists
- Virtual field & lab experiential learning
Confirmed Guest Speakers
- Mark Sorrells – Cornell Univ.
- Stephen Jones – Washington State Univ.
- Julie Dawson – Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison
- Charlie Brummer – Univ. of California-Davis
- Casey Johnson – Mayo Clinic
- Davina Rhodes – Colorado State Univ.
- Tom Warkentin – Univ. of Saskatchewan
- Shiv Kumar – ICARDA, Morocco
- Rebecca McGee – USDA-ARS
- And More!