Organic Plant Breeding Institute
On behalf of the OPBI Organizing Committee, I am excited to announce that the Organic Plant Breeding Institute has been rescheduled for June 7-10, 2021.
The workshop will be virtual and registration is FREE!
Please check the OPBI website for updates on registration and additional information.
For any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com
Focus: Cereal & Pulse Crops
The Organic Plant Breeding Institute will gather aspiring plant scientists and breeders for a four-day, intense, practical, virtual workshop for students and scholars interested in plant breeding and genetics; as it relates to organic production systems, crop biofortification, and human health.
Monday, June 7
|Presentation Session 1: Breeding for Organic Production Systems|
Tuesday, June 8
|Presentation Session 2: Biofortification & Nutrition|
Wednesday, June 9
|Training Session 3: Breeding Techniques, Molecular Mapping, and Genomic Prediction|
Thursday, June 10
|Training Session 4: Pulse Breeding, Organic Management, and Nutritional Phenotyping|
- Organic Breeding
- Genomics & Nutrigenomics
- DNA Extraction, Quantification, & Phenotyping Techniques
- Organic Production, Management & Processing
- Guest Lectures from Nationally and Internationally Renowned Breeders & Scientists
- Virtual field & lab experiential learning
Confirmed Guest Speakers
- Mark Sorrells – Cornell Univ.
- Stephen Jones – Washington State Univ.
- Julie Dawson – Univ. of Wisconsin-Madison
- Charlie Brummer – Univ. of California-Davis
- Casey Johnson – Mayo Clinic
- Davina Rhodes – Colorado State Univ.
- Tom Warkentin – Univ. of Saskatchewan
- Shiv Kumar – ICARDA, Morocco
- Rebecca McGee – USDA-ARS
- And More!